U.S. Politics

maqroll

13 minutes ago, villakram said:

The only way Mueller would proceed with an obstruction investigation would be if the dems clean up in the mid-terms. Otherwise, he's simply a placeholder/hanging-sword in position to dole out all sorts of ugly headlines leading up to 2020.

I tend to agree, though there is the possibility that he does actually go too far leaving the GOP no choice but to impeach

I also see that lawyers acting on behalf of one of the women alleging Trump of sexual assault have subpoenaed the Trump Campaign for all documents relating to her or any other woman that has alleged sexual assault against Trump.

Which makes me think at some point the Republicans may have no choice in the matter, just like they were about to do with Nixon before he quit

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

I tend to agree, though there is the possibility that he does actually go too far leaving the GOP no choice but to impeach

I also see that lawyers acting on behalf of one of the women alleging Trump of sexual assault have subpoenaed the Trump Campaign for all documents relating to her or any other woman that has alleged sexual assault against Trump.

Which makes me think at some point the Republicans may have no choice in the matter, just like they were about to do with Nixon before he quit

there may be some smoke out there , but tbh I don't think Zervos is going to bring him down  .... at cursory glance her story smells fishier than Baldrick's Apple Crumble

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

there may be some smoke out there , but tbh I don't think Zervos is going to bring him down  .... at cursory glance her story smells fishier than Baldrick's Apple Crumble

I agree, she’s more of a stalking horse, she's susing him for deformation, as he called her a liar, the subpoena however is attempting to get the other women making the allegations (a minimum of another 10) more into the spotlight

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Trump's power to pardon isn’t as extensive as Trump has been saying it is. Article 11, Section 2 of the US Constitution specifically prevents presidential pardon in cases of impeachment. It also limits the use of pardon to offences against the United States thus excluding him using the pardon for offences against state law. This might also be why Mueller has brought the New York State Atorney General Eric Schneiderman to his team, knowing that Trump has no power of impeachment if convictions are gained in a state court.

As for Chindie's lack of smoking gun, there quite a few actually. I've been following the US media on this for a while. Lots of the Trump / Russia stuff comes right back to Trump, he's been totally careless and must have ignored any legal advice he may have received. Trump Jr and Kushner had meetings with Russians that they did not disclose, once the meetings were discovered, they lied to cover up the reason for them, saying they were speaking about helping Russian orphans (even that excuse was infantile), Trump is on record as saying he drafted the letter where Trump Jr explained how he forgot and it was about the orphans... thats obstruction to an investigation

Theres the draft letter that Mueller has  that Trump wrote outlining his reasons for firing Comey, it’s nothing like the reason that was eventually given. He obviously did take advice on that one because clearly, stopping the investigation couldn’t be said in public but he wrote it ....

Theres the loans with various Russian banks (read that as Russian state agencies masquerading as banks), that may be where Schneiderman comes in....

I think that's a lot of the smoke i referred to but not the gun. I think there might be casualties from those, but I really do not see anything deposing Trump.  Trump Jr might take a fall of some sort, or Kushner, if they can't quite manage to get some suit to take a fall or connive their way out of it, but there's nothing I can see coming that does for him. It will take something truly bad with his finger prints all over it to get rid of him ahead of time, notwithstanding intervention by cholesterol or the Reaper.

I've little doubt Trump is involved in stuff that should question his position - his exposure to and relationship with Russia makes along the question a no brainer, but I'll be shocked if they turn up something that forces him out. There's no chance the party will bin him without that, and he won't go without knowing he'd have no chance of winning.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Anyone love a conspiracy theory?

:D

That actually was a bit scary. Up close it looks like it's not her.

looks more like a dude in drag or a poor plastic work.

Edit: are we blaming this on the lizard people?

Bildresultat för v diana glasses

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

But why would he bother? It's not not like she needs to be around. 

Maybe he's murdered her and she's buried in the WH grounds. 

Not saying I believe this conspiracy but I could understand motive for wanting to project the idea of everything being 'happy families'.  

His redneck base love that whole image of an 'alpha male' with a doting submissive wife in tow. Whilst his evangelical base hate the idea of a marriage break up. 

There were rumours that Melania was not happy and was about to break it off break it off but for his surprise election win so there may well be some element of putting on a show in public. 

The most powerful man in the World.  One of our closest allies.  Absolute clown.

The US President, Donald Trump, has been accused of fuelling hate crime with a tweet linking a rise in the UK crime rate to "radical Islamic terror".

He said: "Just out report: 'United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror.' Not good, we must keep America safe!"

(Link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41695667)

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The most powerful man in the World.  One of our closest allies.  Absolute clown.

The US President, Donald Trump, has been accused of fuelling hate crime with a tweet linking a rise in the UK crime rate to "radical Islamic terror".

He said: "Just out report: 'United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror.' Not good, we must keep America safe!"

(Link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41695667)

'Keep' America safe? 'KEEP'?? Since when has that out-of-control gun-crazed place ever been safe? 

Get your own house in order before you lecture others, mate. 

• Like 2

Â