U.S. Politics

maqroll

Jerry Jones has just come out and say stand or you don't play. Can't say this is even mildly surprising and I hope all those who praised this sniveling weasel a few weeks back pause for a little bit of thought.

6 hours ago, villakram said:

Jerry Jones has just come out and say stand or you don't play. Can't say this is even mildly surprising and I hope all those who praised this sniveling weasel a few weeks back pause for a little bit of thought.

I would love to see what he does if the whole of the Cowboy team (or even just the African American players) all take a knee.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, villakram said:

Interesting how names "appear" to me (and everyone else, I assume).  Like "Jerry Jones" just sounds like he'd be an absolute knobber.

Strangely, and back a page, "Mike Pence" actually doesn't.  That name seems OK.

Edited by bobzy

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Interesting how names "appear" to me (and everyone else, I assume).  Like "Jerry Jones" just sounds like he'd be an absolute knobber.

Strangely, and back a page, "Mike Pence" actually doesn't.  That name seems OK.

Alliteration... remember to bide your time and put parents who do this in a mediocre nursing home.

Shitty nursing homes should be reserved for the fify trixy bell types!

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

The President has said he'll compare IQ test results with his own secretary of state, in response to said secretary of state calling Trump a moron, which Trump insists was fake news and never happened. 

The man is a moron on so many levels.

• Like 2

There's times where the phrase 'we're through the looking glass people!' comes to mind.

On what planet does the most powerful man in the world publicly offer out one of his highest ranking subordinates for an IQ off?

Utterly utterly bizarre.

There's remote tribes with no concept of written language with more intelligence.

**** moron.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The President has said he'll compare IQ test results with his own secretary of state, in response to said secretary of state calling Trump a moron, which Trump insists was fake news and never happened. 

The man is a moron on so many levels.

This is the most powerful man in the world.

What?!?! :( 

30 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's times where the phrase 'we're through the looking glass people!' comes to mind.

On what planet does the most powerful man in the world publicly offer out one of his highest ranking subordinates for an IQ off?

Utterly utterly bizarre.

There's remote tribes with no concept of written language with more intelligence.

**** moron.

It is sounds like a scene that got cut from Idiocracy.  I would pay a fortune for someone to stick a bottle of Brawndo in front of Trump at a press conference.

8 hours ago, Straggler said:

It is sounds like a scene that got cut from Idiocracy.  I would pay a fortune for someone to stick a bottle of Brawndo in front of Trump at a press conference.

Would have given this a like if it hadn't cut off Junior Wells so early in the song.

• Like 1

Hilary Clinton visiting soon, too.

She's meeting my nipper.

Though I don't believe that's the only reason she's coming over.

I've already suggested a couple of conversation starters and questions to break the ice...

• Like 1

Full disclosure, I like Marshall Mathers.  I think he's amazing at what he does, and whilst I can understand not everyone appreciating or enjoying his art I think it stands up to scrutiny as being, if nothing else, clever.

So seeing him put his art into full political effect in this cypher against the president is inspiring.  He's someone who has truly crossed the divide, and been accepted as a white guy in genre that is black dominated and as such I think there's real impact in him taking a stand.  I'll be interested to see if Trumpet tries to take him on, at least via Twitter, as if nothing else I think Eminem would rip him to shreds.

NSFW but the "F"s are censored out -

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

...whilst I can understand not everyone appreciating or enjoying his art I think it stands up to scrutiny...

...I'll be interested to see if Trumpet tries to take him on, at least via Twitter, as if nothing else I think Eminem would rip him to shreds.

I'm not really a fan of Eminem, but that's most excellent. There's something about (good) protest songs/poetry/raps which makes the message more clear, more intense and more immediate than most other forms. Good stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I'm not really a fan of Eminem, but that's most excellent. There's something about (good) protest songs/poetry/raps which makes the message more clear, more intense and more immediate than most other forms. Good stuff.

You're right in talking about intensity.  The ability to capture a message and package it in an articulate way, and deliver it with passion and poise is awesome.  It's almost a theatrical performance.

There's a poet called Shane Koyczan who I had the pleasure of seeing perform live in Canada, and he's absolutely incredible to watch.  I'm going OT now, but if you like that sort of thing get yourself onto that Google and look him up.  His poem about bullying is taught in lots of Canadian schools.

• Like 1

The US is pulling out of the UN’s cultural body Unesco after accusing it of ‘anti-Israel bias’. While the US had stopped funding Unesco after it voted to include Palestine as a member in 2011, the State Department has maintained a Unesco office at its Paris headquarters and sought to weigh in on policy behind the scenes. However, the full withdrawal was announced on Thursday by US officials. 

Link

Â