U.S. Politics

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Xann said:

qfskTWC.jpg

2 things.

Firstly, do we know which fossil fuel based company is paying her or that she has a financial interest in?

Secondly, has it been proposed yet that Kathleen is put in a clear box with CO2 slowly increasing, so everyone can how good for humanity it is?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Firstly, do we know which fossil fuel based company is paying her or that she has a financial interest in?

Guess who?

... funded by ExxonMobil, Chevron, the Koch network, RJ Reynolds, the Heartland Institute, and others among what they describe as the “Who's Who of Texas polluters. “

Desmog

It seems Dickhead had neglected to contact the families of Special Forces troops killed in Niger recently.

When questioned about this oversight, he said that letters were on the way and that he was going to contact the families himself.

He also claimed that he was best, because previous Presidents hadn't done this.

Only they did, and then some. Even draught dodging, dimwit Bush took this Presidential duty seriously.

13 hours ago, Xann said:

It seems Dickhead had neglected to contact the families of Special Forces troops killed in Niger recently.

When questioned about this oversight, he said that letters were on the way and that he was going to contact the families himself.

Only they did, and then some. Even draught dodging, dimwit Bush took this Presidential duty seriously.

This did make me LOL!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xann said:

Only to then meet the pregnant widow of one of those who lost their lives, and use the phrase "he knew what he signed up for". :bang:

31 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Still think your letting the wish be father to the thought there.

I'd think barring ill health or death, he'll still be there for quite some time to come.

Mueller has supposedly been going through the constitution to find out the extent of the Presidential powers to pardon, and whether it can be limited.

Reckon he might have something?

9 minutes ago, Xann said:

Mueller has supposedly been going through the constitution to find out the extent of the Presidential powers to pardon, and whether it can be limited.

I think Mueller will have lots of dogs to chase and I think he'll catch something. I just don't see the smoking gun that sends down Trump coming. He will quite literally need to find something absolutely dreadful that is completely undeniable to have him, and I don't see it coming. I could see others around him fall, perhaps, the ones that had to get more hands on to help his cause, but not Trump. There will be lots and lots of smoke, to add to the cloud there already is, but no fire directly at his finger tips.

I'd love to be wrong, just for the satisfaction of his face as it fell down around his ears. But that would quickly be tempered by the thought of President Pence, who is less of a moron but more outright evil.

23 hours ago, Xann said:

qfskTWC.jpg

This is one of those statements that I had to research because it sounded so bad it could be one of those fake news things designed to divide us.  Sadly it is worse than fake news, if is genuine.  If she is bought and paid for by the fossil fuel industries that is bad, if she is a conspiracy theorist loon who actually believes the nonsense she spouts that is bad, the worst and I fear the truth is that she is both.  It's not even been a year of Trump yet and I feel punch drunk from all the appalling things that have happened, it is a never ending flood of sewerage. I heard him talking about what he will achieve in the next 7 years on the news the other day, I pretty much choked on my own tongue at that point.

• Like 1

This blog has a number of sourced quotes helpfully illustrating her viewpoints, including:

'There is no environmental crisis—in fact, there’s almost no major environmental problems'

'Now, the plentiful, reliable, and affordable energy source that is coal can be regarded as clean'

'Carbon dioxide has no adverse impact in the air we breath at all. It's a harmless trace gas that is actually an essential nutrient for plants'

She previously worked for the Texas Public Policy Foundation, a think tank funded by Big Oil (ExxonMobil, Chevron) and Big Tobacco (RJ Reynolds), amongst many other donors (searchable list here: https://www.texasobserver.org/wp-content/legacy/media/k2/attachments/TPPF 2010 I-990_donorlistsearchable-1.pdf

Incidentally, it's probably no coincidence that the 'harmless trace gas that is actually an essential nutrient for plants' line so vividly recalls the Competitive Enterprise Institute (ExxonMobil, Chevron, Amoco, Texaco) classic 'we call it life':

What I would assume is happening here is that the Trump administration is hoovering up the low-level bottom feeders who haven't moved on from last decade's talking points. The key organisation to familiarise yourself with here is The Heartland Institute, a home for former Big Tobacco shills who lost their funding after the industry lost their big class action court case. It shares many of the same scientists and funders as the Competitive Enterprise Institute but is more sexy and modern, with 'alt-science' guru and probable future National Science Advisor Art B Robinson cranking out classic reports with titles like 'The Global Warming Crisis Is Over'. 

(CNN)Lawyers for one of the women who have accused Donald Trump of sexual assault subpoenaed his campaign for all documents relating to her, all communications with or about her and "all documents concerning any woman who asserted that Donald J. Trump touched her inappropriately."

This comes in the case of Summer Zervos, a former contestant on "The Apprentice" who accused Trump of sexually assaulting her in 2007. The accusations were made in October of last year at a news conference.

Zervos claims Trump kissed her twice on the lips during a lunch meeting in his New York City office and on a separate occasion in Beverly Hills, she alleges he kissed her aggressively and touched her breast.

In a statement at the time, Trump denied these claims.
"To be clear, I never met her at a hotel or greeted her inappropriately a decade ago. That is not who I am as a person, and it is not how I've conducted my life. In fact, Ms. Zervos continued to contact me for help, emailing my office on April 14 of this year asking that I visit her restaurant in California," Trump said.
Trump also dismissed Zervos' and another woman's accusations at a rally, calling them "total fiction," "all false stuff" and said that there is a "concerted effort" to take down his campaign.
Asked about the subpoena at a White House news conference on Monday, Trump said, "All I can say is it's totally fake news, just fake. It's fake. It's made-up stuff, and it's disgraceful what happens, but that happens in the world of politics."
The subpoena, issued in March, is just coming to light now and is part of a defamation lawsuit filed by Zervos in January in the New York State Supreme Court against Trump following his denials.
:snip:

CNN

5 hours ago, Xann said:

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

I think Mueller will have lots of dogs to chase and I think he'll catch something. I just don't see the smoking gun that sends down Trump coming. He will quite literally need to find something absolutely dreadful that is completely undeniable to have him, and I don't see it coming. I could see others around him fall, perhaps, the ones that had to get more hands on to help his cause, but not Trump. There will be lots and lots of smoke, to add to the cloud there already is, but no fire directly at his finger tips.

I'd love to be wrong, just for the satisfaction of his face as it fell down around his ears. But that would quickly be tempered by the thought of President Pence, who is less of a moron but more outright evil.

Trump's power to pardon isn’t as extensive as Trump has been saying it is. Article 11, Section 2 of the US Constitution specifically prevents presidential pardon in cases of impeachment. It also limits the use of pardon to offences against the United States thus excluding him using the pardon for offences against state law. This might also be why Mueller has brought the New York State Atorney General Eric Schneiderman to his team, knowing that Trump has no power of impeachment if convictions are gained in a state court.

As for Chindie's lack of smoking gun, there quite a few actually. I've been following the US media on this for a while. Lots of the Trump / Russia stuff comes right back to Trump, he's been totally careless and must have ignored any legal advice he may have received. Trump Jr and Kushner had meetings with Russians that they did not disclose, once the meetings were discovered, they lied to cover up the reason for them, saying they were speaking about helping Russian orphans (even that excuse was infantile), Trump is on record as saying he drafted the letter where Trump Jr explained how he forgot and it was about the orphans... thats obstruction to an investigation

Theres the draft letter that Mueller has  that Trump wrote outlining his reasons for firing Comey, it’s nothing like the reason that was eventually given. He obviously did take advice on that one because clearly, stopping the investigation couldn’t be said in public but he wrote it ....

Theres the loans with various Russian banks (read that as Russian state agencies masquerading as banks), that may be where Schneiderman comes in....

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Trump's power to pardon isn’t as extensive as Trump has been saying it is. Article 11, Section 2 of the US Constitution specifically prevents presidential pardon in cases of impeachment. It also limits the use of pardon to offences against the United States thus excluding him using the pardon for offences against state law. This might also be why Mueller has brought the New York State Atorney General Eric Schneiderman to his team, knowing that Trump has no power of impeachment if convictions are gained in a state court.

As for Chindie's lack of smoking gun, there quite a few actually. I've been following the US media on this for a while. Lots of the Trump / Russia stuff comes right back to Trump, he's been totally careless and must have ignored any legal advice he may have received. Trump Jr and Kushner had meetings with Russians that they did not disclose, once the meetings were discovered, they lied to cover up the reason for them, saying they were speaking about helping Russian orphans (even that excuse was infantile), Trump is on record as saying he drafted the letter where Trump Jr explained how he forgot and it was about the orphans... thats obstruction to an investigation

Theres the draft letter that Mueller has  that Trump wrote outlining his reasons for firing Comey, it’s nothing like the reason that was eventually given. He obviously did take advice on that one because clearly, stopping the investigation couldn’t be said in public but he wrote it ....

Theres the loans with various Russian banks (read that as Russian state agencies masquerading as banks), that may be where Schneiderman comes in....

The only way Mueller would proceed with an obstruction investigation would be if the dems clean up in the mid-terms. Otherwise, he's simply a placeholder/hanging-sword in position to dole out all sorts of ugly headlines leading up to 2020.

He may have his own problems though, as per the Hill today, it appears that the senate is getting interested in that Uranium deal with the Russians that Clinton/Obama signed off on (very large Russian linked donations to the Clinton foundation and a $500k talk for dear Bill provide very poor optics around the time state signed off on this). A single Russian is in prison related to this deal due to an FBI informant, and guess which FBI agent was running this operation... Mueller.

This is all just mud raking thus far, dirty filthy politics at its finest.

Â