U.S. Politics

maqroll

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

Looks like this won't take long, flip Manafort (and probably Flynn already) and you've got Trump and Trump Jr. They've probably got more up their sleeve too. Trump will now fire Mueller, under the pretence of conflict of interest - it's all he knows. 

If Trump fires Mueller, it would be a blatant case of obstruction of justice, triggering immediate impeachment. But it's Trump, so we shall see. This is great news today.

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

They should shoot her with a tranquilizer dart and then sew her mouth shut

I'm rather looking forward to watching her increasingly outlandish denials in the face of increasingly incontrovertible evidence.

• Like 1

Later, the White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, insisted there was no connection between the three men and the Trump campaign. She said of Manafort and Gates’s indictment: “Today’s announcement has nothing to do with the president, presidential campaigns or any campaign activity.”

She also insisted Papadopoulos’s lies to the FBI about his contacts with Russia on behalf of the Trump campaign had “nothing to do with the activities of the campaign”, and repeatedly dismissed Papadopoulos as “a volunteer member on an advisory council”.

Here.

Who are these guys?  Never even heard of them.  Look!  Over there!  It's Hillary helping a Mexican rapist to attack a wounded Vet with a chainsaw!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, peterms said:

.....  Look!  Over there!  It's Hillary helping a Mexican rapist to attack a wounded Vet with a chainsaw!

It’s quite worrying. Every time the heat gets put on Trump, he lashes out and does something either idiotic, or distracting. Each time the Russia thing has got uncomfortable, he’s picked a fight with someone to distract. N. Korea, Muslims, Mexico, China, whoever. Or he’s sacked someone, or lashed out at someone. Christ knows what he’ll do as this develops. Dangerous times for the world.  I mean he’s unlikely to go without a fight and an almighty shemozzle.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

It’s quite worrying. Every time the heat gets put on Trump, he lashes out and does something either idiotic, or distracting. Each time the Russia thing has got uncomfortable, he’s picked a fight with someone to distract. N. Korea, Muslims, Mexico, China, whoever. Or he’s sacked someone, or lashed out at someone. Christ knows what he’ll do as this develops. Dangerous times for the world.  I mean he’s unlikely to go without a fight and an almighty shemozzle.

Indeed. Just last week he sent 3 battleships into an advanced west Pacific position. His handlers in the white house say they're worried about what he might do. 

1 hour ago, blandy said:

He should stick to his hotels, and crimes against food.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

And she has gotten a free pass in comparison to the slightly pudgy white male, I wonder why. Oh right.

It's because she speaks with a lot more confidence and conviction than Spicer did but I am assuming you are making some sort of accusation of 'reverse' sexism?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

It's because she speaks with a lot more confidence and conviction than Spicer did but I am assuming you are making some sort of accusation of 'reverse' sexism?

Yep she definitely lies with more conviction than Spicer ever did.

It makes me laugh that she identifies herself as a devout Christian then lies so plainly and profusely for her boss. Isn't that a sin Sarah?

• Like 1

On 26/01/2017 at 17:49, maqroll said:

He's put a gag order on employees of the EPA and USDA (Environment, Agriculture) and National Parks Service.

And nominated the grotesquely unsuitable Sam Clovis as head of USDA.

Speaking of whom, this thread on possible targets of the presumed Papadopouolos wiretap is interesting.

Still think trump will fire mueller AND not enough republicans will back impeachment at that point. Read a really disturbing twitter thread t’other day, can’t remember where, but upshot is the US is so divided and so susceptible to bent media forces that they no longer have a shared sense of American identity. They are completely bolloxd.

Â