U.S. Politics

maqroll

Longtime Trump business partner ‘told family he knows he and POTUS are going to prison’

Felix Sater, one of Donald Trump’s shadiest former business partners, is reportedly preparing for prison time — and he says the president will be joining him behind bars.

Sources told The Spectator‘s Paul Wood that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s deep dive into Trump’s business practices may be yielding results.

Trump recently made remarks that could point to a money laundering scheme, Wood reported.

“I mean, it’s possible there’s a condo or something, so, you know, I sell a lot of condo units, and somebody from Russia buys a condo, who knows?” the president said.

Sater, who has a long history of legal troubles and is cooperating with law enforcement, was one of the major players responsible for selling Trump’s condos to the Russians.

And according to Wood’s sources, Sater may have already flipped and given prosecutors the evidence they need to make a case against Trump.

For several weeks there have been rumours that Sater is ready to rat again, agreeing to help Mueller. ‘He has told family and friends he knows he and POTUS are going to prison,’ someone talking to Mueller’s investigators informed me.

Sater hinted in an interview earlier this month that he may be cooperating with both Mueller’s investigation and congressional probes of Trump.

“In about the next 30 to 35 days, I will be the most colourful character you have ever talked about,” Sater told New York Magazine. “Unfortunately, I can’t talk about it now, before it happens. And believe me, it ain’t anything as small as whether or not they’re gonna call me to the Senate committee.”

Sater is not the only one rumored confidante to have turned against Trump. An attack on former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort by the National Enquirer — a friendly outlet for the president — suggests that he may have already turned over damaging evidence to authorities.

That would be nice.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, peterms said:

I am ADDICTED to this story. Not much coverage this weekend by serious news outfits simply because there are no facts to report, yet. But I sniffed something was up when folks started getting hysterical this week on Twitter throwing numerous slander against Mueller - then this story breaks on Friday. Nice timing, give them the weekend to sweat and make a panic move. The Trump story from the start has been quite spectacular, I can see this ending in an equally spectacular way - only the Americans do things this BIG. 

I imagine Trump's Twitter use will be an all time classic today.

I still doubt this ultimately actually touches him. Manafort will take a hit and maybe a few with him but I just can't see Trump himself getting embroiled in it. There'll be enough distance to keep him out of it directly. Will further damage him though, which is fun enough in itself.

Looks like this won't take long, flip Manafort (and probably Flynn already) and you've got Trump and Trump Jr. They've probably got more up their sleeve too. Trump will now fire Mueller, under the pretence of conflict of interest - it's all he knows. 

The problem is that firing Mueller looks suspicious as ****. A lot of dirt is being thrown at him and that might make a smoke screen but it's one so thin it covers nothing. Everyone would know why he was fired. And that probably means the dog keeps running with someone else leading it.

It's more likely I think they try to let the investigation go out with a whimper (unless they've been so stupid the trail keeps going up the line) by having a few names fall but keeping Trump at a distance from it. He's stupid enough to try to scupper that with dumb tweets, but, unless they've been really really stupid, that gets the story to die better than sacking the man who's job it is to dig into Trump and find the dirt. That's just moronic. Let the thing burn out, don't throw wood on the fire.

Obviously everyone hopes they've been astoundingly stupid because it would be the best news story ever. You can imagine the tweets as they wrenched the phone from his hands and put on the cuffs.

... I'll be surprised if it came to that though sadly.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

The problem is that firing Mueller looks suspicious as ****. A lot of dirt is being thrown at him and that might make a smoke screen but it's one so thin it covers nothing. Everyone would know why he was fired. And that probably means the dog keeps running with someone else leading it.

It's more likely I think they try to let the investigation go out with a whimper (unless they've been so stupid the trail keeps going up the line) by having a few names fall but keeping Trump at a distance from it. He's stupid enough to try to scupper that with dumb tweets, but, unless they've been really really stupid, that gets the story to die better than sacking the man who's job it is to dig into Trump and find the dirt. That's just moronic. Let the thing burn out, don't throw wood on the fire.

Obviously everyone hopes they've been astoundingly stupid because it would be the best news story ever. You can imagine the tweets as they wrenched the phone from his hands and put on the cuffs.

... I'll be surprised if it came to that though sadly.

For sure, it's complete speculation, but just look at Trump, he's thick as f*ck, he'll do whatever he normally does to survive and when distraction is failing he'll go fire some people - he always makes things worse. I honestly think this will end up with gun battles between trump loyalists and the state. 

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Seems the charges relate to tax according to Twitter. Which would probably not be quite the smoking Trump gun people want.

These are early days, this is just the start of it. These may not be the only charges Manafort and Gates face, more can be added later. It’s just a little bit of screw turning. Tax charges are a state crime? If so Trump can’t pardon him, which means it puts pressure on the pair to flip.

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

These are early days, this is just the start of it. These may not be the only charges Manafort and Gates face, more can be added later. It’s just a little bit of screw turning. Tax charges are a state crime? If so Trump can’t pardon him, which means it puts pressure on the pair to flip.

True. But right now this is Manafort and Gates on charges seemingly related to their own conduct. It could open the floodgates to bigger things, especially if there's a deal on the table, but still... It's not the Trump smoking gun.

Might turn into it, but not yet.

Â