U.S. Politics

maqroll

Musk’s cousin used to be CEO of a solar company here in the US,  Solar City, that Tesla ended up buying.  His son (who had a Superman obsession and always had on a Superman cape, btw) was in my daughter’s child care class and fancied her a bit.  I never quite understood why their kids went to that center because they lived 15 or so miles away and the center was on site at my workplace and primarily served employees.   The mother didn’t work and was always the one who brought the kids in and picked them up, so they didn’t have them there because it was near their workplace.

Anyway, once shortly after the kids had moved on to kindergarten (age 5), the mother called and said her son missed seeing my daughter and invited her over for a play date on a Saturday.  I brought her over, only to be met at the door by a nanny who said the parents had gone to New York for the weekend.  Not that it would necessarily have made us decline the play date, but who invites someone else’s kids to their house for the day and neglects to mention they’ll be out of town and a stranger will be responsible for your kid?  Maybe that’s normal in South Africa?   Or maybe it’s just normal among eccentric South African business tycoons?

She’s also the one who brought in birthday cake with bright blue frosting that caused us all to be alarmed when our kids had neon blue bowel movements that evening.  We all figured out what had happened the next day at the kid’s birthday party when we shared our experience and saw the cake.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sne said:

:D

Not had a Coronavirus Vaccination either because "his immune system is strong" 

Even senior clergy there are batshit. What a country. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Effective opening hearing. For nerds who have been paying attention, not much was actually breaking news though.

They need to drop a few bombshells. 

55 minutes ago, Chindie said:

So this is terrifying.

Quite.

It seems that this group has past form for it. The problem is that the police and the military over have their own white supremacy issues. I worry about when they all get on the same page. These look like they've watched "the Purge" and want to live out that as a fantasy against liberals.

Coeur d’Alene in Idaho where this happened, is famous as being a haven/community for white supremacist freedom loving nutjobs. From memory it also is closely connected to the Klan.

Edited by TheAuthority

20 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

The responses to this bullshit are quite funny

The concept that using public transport or a bike is purely a financial choice...

I suppose the car is king in the US.

57 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

The concept that using public transport or a bike is purely a financial choice...

I suppose the car is king in the US.

USA: Why walk when you can drive? 

EUROPE: Why drive when you can walk? 

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

USA: Why walk when you can drive?

Two decades ago, I worked for a multinational company  When visiting öne of their major US sites, one day I had to attend a meeting at another company building. My US host/colleague told me: "C'mon, I'll drive!". We went to the parking lot,  and after having manouvered through some local traffic he eventually parked his car on the other side of excactly the same parking lot, a walking distance of 300 m from where we started!

True story.

Edited by TB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â