Jimzk5

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wolves should absolutely not be getting this £99m government loan for cash flow. Utter madness. 

WTF?  And meanwhile we've got Southend about to be wound up!

• Like 1

They keep getting rejected by bristol for alex scott, and want JWP.....JWP strikes me as a homebody, or at least someone who wants to stay in the south, if he went somewhere i think he would go to west ham, wolves i think need to focus on the younger players who have good skills but think a lot of potential signings can see that they are on a bit of a decline compared to the last few years and will have other choices.

Signing players like Dawson and Doherty will make them solid but its also a sign that they are stagnating.

They're apparently in talks for Aaron Cresswell, so a few of Ryan Giles, Bueno, and Rayan Aït-Nouri will probably be leaving. Swapping out Cresswell for GIles is a little strange, as Giles is kind of like a younger version of Cresswell, very good left-footed delivery, twenty assists over his last two seasons in the Championship.

I looked at their squad the other day thinking they'd only be about 12 players or something, they've still got a squad of 30! Although half of it is a random collection of players either out of favour or been loaned out (Fabio Silva etc).

Central midfield has likes of Boubacar Traore and Gomes who had odd games last year so they really need one of those to step up to replace the Neves-Moutinho void.

I can't see Lopetegui staying too long with the FFP restrictions, think he's a safe bet to walk out in October/November if they have a poor start and I can't see them getting in a coach as good as him so bottom six for sure again.

I cant imagine Lopetegui has watched Cresswell play and thought "we need him", especially when they've got 2 or 3 left backs already. Suggests one of them is going be sold off and Cresswell is the clubs bargain replacement.

Going down, my Lord...

Doherty the sequel confirmed.

On a 3 year deal. For someone who's over 30 now and a liability in a back 4 this is very strange stuff from Wolves so far especially if they add Cresswell.

Reminds me of that summer when we signed all of Joe Cole, Senderos and Kieron Richardson.

11 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Luton in talks with Wolves to sign Ryan Giles. Was on loan at Middlesbrough last year and racked up 11 assists as a fullback which is decent. 5 million fee. an upgrade on Bree i suppose

Different position to Bree

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Now Jimenez to Fulham apparently.  Closing down sale Everything must Go it seems

32 and didnt score a goal last season. Good deal for Wolves to get rid if they can

• Like 2

Yeah, it's more surprising that Fulham would want him. He can't be insurance against Mitrovic leaving because he isn't good enough any more, and the back-up guy Vinicius is also better than Jimenez, so what's the point? I was sure he was destined for the MLS. 

• Like 1

Â