Jimzk5

Slightly odd move for Beale, IMO. Not the decision I'd make.

If he held still there's a good chance these clubs are swapping positions next season, Wolves haven't shown a great deal of patience with their managers, and it doesn't reflect particularly well on him jumping ship after a few months in the job.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I find it incredible that they are looking at beale. Id argue even the blose manager is doing  a better job. He is performing miracles with no money and a absolute turd squad.

Eh? You know QPR are top of the league right? 

Wolves are in the relegation zone, have been in worse form than us over the last twenty or so games, and if they appoint Beale, they're tasking someone who has only been a manager for a couple of months, managing fifteen games, to turn their season around and presumably get them back challenging for Europe.

QPR doing well by their standards but it's definitely a strange and risky appointment, a lot of Villa fans seem to be trying to turn into a negative against, but I bet most wouldn't be happy if we were going to appoint him as our manager, this time last year Coventry were on 27 points after fifteen games, the same that QPR have now, but I doubt anyone at that time would have taken Robins as manager, or expected him to get a job at a club with supposed ambitions of challenging for Europe, or any Premier League club at all for that matter.

Also them being top on 27 points shows how poor the rest of the Championship is this season as much as anything else, this time last year Bournemouth were top on 37 points, and Fulham weren't far behind.

He might prove to be a very good manager, but if Wolves do appoint him it will be a big risk, even more so than most managerial appoints, also strange that they've gone from Lopetegui an experienced Coach that has managed Sevilla, Porto, Real Madrid and Spain, to Michael Beale who has been manager at QPR for not even a third of a season.

Makes me wonder if he's just being brought in as a stop-gap until Lopetegui feels ready to return to football, might be better of staying where he is, although can understand him wanting to take the opportunity of managing a Premier League club when it comes as might not come again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Have a sneaky feeling (a) that SG's biggest problem is/was losing Beale and (b) Wolves will do very well with Beale in charge !!!

Why? Gerrard was mostly rubbish when Beale was here as well. 

• Like 1

Â