Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

What do they do here? They’re down to (at best) their third choice. Do they leave it until nearer the World Cup, let things cool down and see how the land lies then? Or plough on working their way down the list, nervously glancing at Bruce’s name at the very bottom of it?

It’s amusing, but I am very wary we could find ourselves in a similar situation (although I do think Villa would be slightly less inept at this - I would hope).

I could see them promoting from within at this rate. With each rejection it just makes them look all the more desperate. Pitching for Beale was a real desperation move, more so now that he has turned them down. 

They’ve pretty much got no budget, will need to sell, so unless it’s Big Sam or Bruce, I can’t see who’s gonna take it. Unless it’s some surprise name from Europe. 

• Like 1

They announced that Steve Davis was going to remain in charge as Caretaker Manager until 2023 because there were 'no outstanding candidates', they might have to go back on that very quickly. I think they might have been waiting for Lopetegui to feel ready enough within himself to return, but not sure they can afford to wait.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

They announced that Steve Davis was going to remain in charge as Caretaker Manager until 2023 because there were 'no outstanding candidates', they might have to go back on that very quickly. I think they might have been waiting for Lopetegui to feel ready enough within himself to return, but not sure they can afford to wait.

Yeah said elsewhere but they could do worse than just give it Dyche for a bit. It's not like they were playing free flowing football for last two years under Nuno, it was more sit deep and grind out some 1-0s.

They just don't have any goals in them. Costa is finished at this level and Jimenez never going to be as good as he was pre injury so with the new forward doing his ACL it's very easy for opposition to stop them scoring.

Letting Coady go to Everton was also a bizarre decision and very short term thinking considering Lage got sacked about three weeks later and Coady would be starting again for Wolves by now.

Â