Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its their sisters I feel sorry for, they'll be tucked up in bed tonight and Gary over here will still be raging meaning they get no sleep

Don’t feel sorry for their sisters, they’ll be grateful for their 6 fingered brothers

I'm delighted Davis is remaining in charge for the rest of the year, couldn't happen to nicer bunch of arrogant ****. A couple of top half finishes and they act like they're owed a Champions League position, they were in League 1 not long ago. 

Davis I know a little bit about, as I was mates with a Crewe fan during some of my legal training back in 15/16. Every week we'd come in and argue over whose club was more shit - he thought Davis was a clown even at that level. 

• Like 2

Haven't read this as probably wouldn't understand it, but looks like everything not going great for their owners

'The debt crisis that roiled China’s real estate market has spread to one of the country’s largest conglomerates. Fosun, owner of an English Premier league soccer team, Portugal’s largest bank and Club Med, can no longer raise capital so it must sell off assets before it defaults on its short-term debt.'

Forbes

If it was that desperate surely they'd have sold Neves in the summer? Mind you he seemed to have his heart set on going to Barcelona and wasn't interested in moving anywhere else even though Man. United, Liverpool and Arsenal could've all possibly made moves.

Wolves have just made some poor strategic moves in last two years, Adama's value was pretty high around 2019-20 but they didn't sell and now he's aimlessly running around like he did for us. Coady for 4m to Everton is something I don't get either, guy is regular in England squad and started over 100 games in premier league so in market value these days that's 20-25m.

Not sure if they're loaning out Fabio Silva to raise his market value either or they still think he can make it in premier league.

Scott Sellars got convicted of death by dangerous/careless driving in early 2013. Got a six month suspended sentence.

He's their technical director although was working for Man. City when the incident occurred. 

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, useless said:

Haven't read this as probably wouldn't understand it, but looks like everything not going great for their owners

'The debt crisis that roiled China’s real estate market has spread to one of the country’s largest conglomerates. Fosun, owner of an English Premier league soccer team, Portugal’s largest bank and Club Med, can no longer raise capital so it must sell off assets before it defaults on its short-term debt.'

Forbes

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

If it was that desperate surely they'd have sold Neves in the summer? Mind you he seemed to have his heart set on going to Barcelona and wasn't interested in moving anywhere else even though Man. United, Liverpool and Arsenal could've all possibly made moves.

Wolves have just made some poor strategic moves in last two years, Adama's value was pretty high around 2019-20 but they didn't sell and now he's aimlessly running around like he did for us. Coady for 4m to Everton is something I don't get either, guy is regular in England squad and started over 100 games in premier league so in market value these days that's 20-25m.

Not sure if they're loaning out Fabio Silva to raise his market value either or they still think he can make it in premier league.

From that article, Fosun's financial situation is extremely serious. The key passage is this:

'Fosun International’s dollar bonds recently fell to records lows. Even now, the 5.05% note due 2027 currently trades at just 32.7 cents on the dollar—a level well into distressed territory, and suggesting that investors are pricing in an eventual outcome of default, says Trung Nguyen, a Singapore-based senior credit analyst at research firm Lucror Analytics.'

IOW, bond investors don't think the company will be able to meet its obligations on bonds that are maturing (including some, according to the article, that mature next year). As a result, the business - which is a conglomerate with stakes of varying sizes in an array of different businesses in different industries - is going to need to sell some of its assets, ie parts or all of some of those businesses. Wolves wouldn't provide enough cash to make a meaningful difference to their budget black hole, which may be around $15bn per the article, but they won't be ploughing cash into the club anyway that's for sure. It's worth saying that debt-fuelled conglomerates like Fosun are very badly out of favour with the government in China at the moment, who have been busy enough trying to salvage the disasters from China Evergrande and Hainan Airlines/HNA, which were other similar types of business that have already collapsed over the last 2 years. 

Â