Jimzk5

5 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Dyche seems like a sensible option for a team struggling, but, will this Portuguese C team willing to play for him, and with his style?

Not that different to Nuno's style in all fairness.

• Like 3

It's crossed my mind that they could go for Critchley if they want a tempory manager until Lopetegui feels ready to return to football. In terms of management, or if they're struggling to convince a big name because of whatever's going on with Fosun. Critchley got a better CV than Beale.

They've got two in theory winnable games against Brentford and Brighton coming up before World Cup, would seem crazy to potentially waste those games going into them with an inexperienced U18 manager, if they don't get a decent haul of points from the next five or so they it could leave them in perilous position which in turn might make it harder for them to attract a permanet manager in January or whenever they're planning to bring one in.

Need to act quick, whether bring in Dyche or Nuno, or even someone like Critchley or O'Driscoll.

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Ronaldo Player Manager

Portuguese tick

Mendes Client tick

Can pay him 2 salaries to cover his wages ok maybe not.

Shame they're skint 😜 

the tactics would be incredible, we have seen Ronaldos brilliant attemped free kicks over the years

now watch him shoot from corners and goal kicks

I think they are in massive trouble, and it's not just wishful thinking.

Most of the players are there as a stepping stone, and really will not be up for a relegation fight. I could imagine half of them have called uncle Jorge and asked for a move in Jan. 

36 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Strange timing if true

Only 2 weeks left of the season till the world cup break, Probably best for both parties to agree before that, If Neves has a blinder for Portugal might put a few million on so protects Barca, Same for Wolves he could pick up season ending injury whilst out there so best get it done beforehand. 

I imagine we could see a few of these agreements over the next few weeks. 

42 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Only 2 weeks left of the season till the world cup break, Probably best for both parties to agree before that, If Neves has a blinder for Portugal might put a few million on so protects Barca, Same for Wolves he could pick up season ending injury whilst out there so best get it done beforehand. 

I imagine we could see a few of these agreements over the next few weeks. 

He has 6 months left on his deal in January

Absolute clown show down the Molinuex at the moment.

I had a hunch they might struggle this season, simply because I know a lot of Wolves fans wanted rid of Lage over the summer, and if they didn't hit the ground running there was always going to be immediate discontent. A bit like us with Gerrard.

Then there was their summer business, they signed what appeared like a few decent players for not insignificant fees and they've looked awful, but the main issue was the outgoings, they lost Coady, Dendonker and Saiss who were all solid consistent players for them. Losing Coady and Ruddy in particular left a big leadership vacuum in the dressing room, and I think that's a big issue at the moment, they lack leadership and not having a proper manger for an extended period will only exacerbate that problem. 

They've still got a decent technical first 11 when fit and being used correctly, so I'm not sure it's "Dyche Time" yet, but there's no depth there at all, a decent coach and a bit of decent investment and they could wriggle themselves safe I think, problem is neither of those things are on the horizon at the moment.

If they lose Neves they'll be down, he's by far their best player by some distance and the last thing resembling a leader they have left.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He has 6 months left on his deal in January

Might be wrong, but I think it might be 2024 when his contract expires. Vaguely remember some talk about it in the summer, that there was an additional year more left than was originally reported.

Â