West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

11 hours ago, villa89 said:

None of Barry, Whelan or Jedinak are good enough for us if we get promoted IMO. We need to set our sights on better (and younger) players than those. 

I agree, but you might have 1-2 in the squad as depth & presence in the changing rooms. I'd be happy have Gareth in that type of role assuming he is happy to come off the bench and maybe feature 10-15 times a season, but you'd have to get rid of at least one of Whelan & Jedinak first.

• Like 1

Barry would be a big step up from Whelan and Jedinak even at 37. He is a class act and really intelligent player who has never had any pace but reads the game exceptionally well. I'd imagine he has another season in him at the top level. 

It would be quite fitting if he ended his career with us.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Barry would be a big step up from Whelan and Jedinak even at 37. He is a class act and really intelligent player who has never had any pace but reads the game exceptionally well. I'd imagine he has another season in him at the top level. 

I think Barry's legs have gone. It was one thing 'not having pace' in your 20's and early 30's but he's looks practically immobile this season at 37. Plus he'll be 38 next year.

He had his time here it would be sentimentality to want him back not good transfer business.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think Barry's legs have gone. It was one thing 'not having pace' in your 20's and early 30's but he's looks practically immobile this season at 37. Plus he'll be 38 next year.

He had his time here it would be sentimentality to want him back not good transfer business.

It doesnt help he is playing in a slow defensive midfield so makes him look slower. 

He is probably still the most creative of the centre midfielders they have :D

11 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

At this level yes but I don't think he'll have it at premier league level next season, not as a regular at least. Wouldn't be averse to him signing as a squad player. It's clear that Whelan has no place next season if we do go up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

At this level yes but I don't think he'll have it at premier league level next season, not as a regular at least. Wouldn't be averse to him signing as a squad player. It's clear that Whelan has no place next season if we do go up.

You and @TheAuthoritycould well be right and I may well be letting my heart rule my head. In all honesty I have probably only watched  West Brom play 4 or 5 times this season but he has always been one of their better players.

You'd certainly have to put legs around him much like we do now with Jedi and Whelan.

Gareth Barry is absolutely gone and finished, I would have taken him back when he joined Everton, I would have bent over to get him here at that time, I would even have took him back this summer...but in hindsight that would have been a mistake. He can barely move, yet alone 'lacking a yard of pace'

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bwahaha Jonny Evans, Gareth Barry, jake Livermore and boar myhill investigated for nicking a taxi in Spain!!!!

what an embarrassment.... 

Surprised Barry and Evans are involved in this - poor stuff .

We're bottom of the league - let's have a jolly in Spain! Pardew working miracles again. 

The indiscipline at the club is similar to us when we were circling the drain of the premier league a few years back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

We're bottom of the league - let's have a jolly in Spain! Pardew working miracles again. 

The indiscipline at the club is similar to us when we were circling the drain of the premier league a few years back. 

Could hardly happen to anyone better ;)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Very reminiscent, the stench of death is upon them.

• Like 2

Â