West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I reckon they will be put up for sale. Not sure why they are skint their owner is suppose to be mpre wealthier than xia.

The chairman is just the head of consortium I think, and I'd guess they only bought them as an easy way to make money, for nearly a decade now they've survived comfortably without spending big money, the turn a profit every season by being in the premier league and having no ambition other than to finish 17th and now it's biting them in the arse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

The chairman is just the head of consortium I think, and I'd guess they only bought them as an easy way to make money, for nearly a decade now they've survived comfortably without spending big money, the turn a profit every season by being in the premier league and having no ambition other than to finish 17th and now it's biting them in the arse

Pretty much, they have bought into a business not knowing the true volatile nature of the market. They have basically done a Venkys.

'This football lark is easy, look at all this money, look at the sponsorship, look at the prestige and spotlight. What would happen if we sack our stable manager(Big Sam, Pulis) for some billy bullshitter (Steve Kean, Pardew). Oh ****, things have gone south quick. Oh ****, we have no actual idea what we ar doing. Oh ****, this isn't like our other businesses. Oh ****. Oh ****. Oh ****.

10 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Jeremy Peace took a lot of abuse for not investing money but he ran the club solidly enough and I doubt he would have appointed Pardew after things went stale with Pulis.

Peace has made himself a wealthy man off the back of some shrewed appointments, Dan ashworth was a godsend to them, the new owners I reckon though it would all be the same for them, spend a few million on a player, fans buy season tickets and bank the TV money at the end of the season.

And think rondon will score them goals

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Pretty much, they have bought into a business not knowing the true volatile nature of the market. They have basically done a Venkys.

'This football lark is easy, look at all this money, look at the sponsorship, look at the prestige and spotlight. What would happen if we sack our stable manager(Big Sam, Pulis) for some billy bullshitter (Steve Kean, Pardew). Oh ****, things have gone south quick. Oh ****, we have no actual idea what we ar doing. Oh ****, this isn't like our other businesses. Oh ****. Oh ****. Oh ****.

329095.jpg?b64lines=IEkgY2VydGFpbmx5IHNo

If anyone remembers that promising Chinese youngster they signed for EIGHT MILLION to then loan to Werder Bremen for 2 years. Well, apparantly, Werder now want to terminate the loan and send him back, because he can't get into their first team, and he's not eligible to play for their U23s :lol:

What's funnier, is that if he is returned to Baggies, he's not even eligible to play in England, Prem/ U23/ Championship, so he'll need to get loaned out again or sold :crylaugh:

More proof that their owners were more interested in making money than actually having any ambition for Baggies.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Rob182 said:

If anyone remembers that promising Chinese youngster they signed for EIGHT MILLION to then loan to Werder Bremen for 2 years. Well, apparantly, Werder now want to terminate the loan and send him back, because he can't get into their first team, and he's not eligible to play for their U23s :lol:

What's funnier, is that if he is returned to Baggies, he's not even eligible to play in England, Prem/ U23/ Championship, so he'll need to get loaned out again or sold :crylaugh:

More proof that their owners were more interested in making money than actually having any ambition for Baggies.

What farce, couldnt happen to a nicer club. Thats what they get for gloating 

I think they would have stayed up had they kept pulis 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Is the poor kid radioactive or something ? 

It’s something to do with a work permit & China being something like 65th ranked in the world... or something..

... as you can tell I know all the details!

On 3/5/2018 at 12:21, rodders0223 said:

I think the one that takes the biscuit was sacking Rowett when they were 7th in the league & bringing in Zola :crylaugh:

Interestingly Tony Xia did the opposite. Started with the more 'sexy' manager with RDM, got rid quickly and signed TyrannosaurusBruce. 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I think the one that takes the biscuit was sacking Rowett when they were 7th in the league & bringing in Zola :crylaugh:

Interestingly Tony Xia did the opposite. Started with the more 'sexy' manager with RDM, got rid quickly and signed TyrannosaurusBruce. 

I know they’re ALL inbred & unwashed, but I think you’re talking about the wrong inbred, unwashed ones here... 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I know they’re ALL inbred & unwashed, but I think you’re talking about the wrong inbred, unwashed ones here... 

I was meaning in general, foreign ownership coming in, getting rid of the pragmatists and replacing them with sexy name managers.

Venky's, WBA & Sha have all done it. Dr T did it the other way round was my point.

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I was meaning in general, foreign ownership coming in, getting rid of the pragmatists and replacing them with sexy name managers.

Venky's, WBA & Sha have all done it. Dr T did it the other way round was my point.

Venkys replaced Big Sam with the super sexy football of Steve Kean

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trekka said:

Currently 8 points off 4th from bottom with a huge deficit in goal difference.  They'll need a miracle to stay up.

They won't get it from this tit

6gSJ8dI.gif

Â