West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

On 1/30/2018 at 00:11, VillaChris said:

It was quite heavily rumoured last week that Inter were either going to loan him or even buy him outright.

Transfer coup by West Brom if he can stay fit. Long time ago but he was great at Bolton in a similar situation.

He's 28 with the legs of a 40 year old, I could be badly wrong on this but I think he's close to being finished and I'd be very surprised if he's still playing football past 30-31 years old. He's an explosive player with a heavy fast twitch muscle fibre composition, he looks to me as though he has lost of fast-twitch fibers from where he was at say Bolton, or at his peak at Liverpool.  

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Evans and Dawson maybe, rest not that great

Evans would be a huge ask to get. 

They have solid players like Brunt, Morrison and of course, Barry. Not 'sexy' players but probably what we need to stabilise if we get promoted. Players that give 100% and provide a solid base. 

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's 28 with the legs of a 40 year old, I could be badly wrong on this but I think he's close to being finished and I'd be very surprised if he's still playing football past 30-31 years old. He's an explosive player with a heavy fast twitch muscle fibre composition, he looks to me as though he has lost of fast-twitch fibers from where he was at say Bolton, or at his peak at Liverpool.  

Mentally weak as well. Barely started 100 premier league games at 28. 

I think even Klopp has called him out on his lack of desire to play through discomfort/pain that a lot of players do as standard. 

1 hour ago, John said:

They have been having it large about being the only local team in the PL what goes around comes around. There will be two local teams in it next year and they won't be one of them!:)

If we go up, I hope they stay up. It will be good to have us, wolves, and the baggies in the league. 

51 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If we go up, I hope they stay up. It will be good to have us, wolves, and the baggies in the league. 

Us and wolves dont need anyone else. I would love for forest to come up. Blose and West Brom and can stay in the lower regions esp blose

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Evans would be a huge ask to get. 

They have solid players like Brunt, Morrison and of course, Barry. Not 'sexy' players but probably what we need to stabilise if we get promoted. Players that give 100% and provide a solid base. 

Maybe 5 years ago but all 3 in 30s now and not much left on clock

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 12:21, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very much this, I think I was optimistic to suggest he has a couple of years left though

It's been noticeable how quiet some Baggies fans have been recently who last year seemed to be itching to talk football, grinning just ever so slightly talking about how we were doing in The Championship and what was going on in The Premier. 

Now you can't tempt them into footy chat at all. Funny that. 

Â