West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Collymore claiming Rondon's reaction shows a lack of physicality in the game.
What a plonker.

What the hell does he mean? Is Stan suggesting Rondon needs to ‘man up’ or am I reading that wrong? 

Just now, Dick said:

What the hell does he mean? Is Stan suggesting Rondon needs to ‘man up’ or am I reading that wrong? 

yeah, basically.

Suggesting there was "no need for tears" and that Rondon better not use it as an excuse for a drop in form. He needs to "roll up his sleeves and move on"

I mean, if he said that in a month and Rondon HAD had a drop in form and put it down to that, then Stan MIGHT have a point, although still a very poor one imo.

But pre-empting it like this is very weird.

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He blocked me two years ago and I don't miss a thing.

Yep, been blocked for a while. When he was praising McLeish and I sent him a report showing he had previously criticised his (style of) football, he blocked me.

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He blocked me two years ago and I don't miss a thing.

did you do something like put together a well articulated response to one of his outlandish claims in the hope that he would open up a well informed and interesting debate with opinions from both sides of the story?

or did you just call him a word removed?

because from what i can tell he will block you for both reasons

He called somebody out on Twitter, who @'d him and I called him out for not giving the guy a chance to respond. Blocked. The bloke is an arsehole of the highest order. I'm ashamed he's a Villa fan.

What an awful thing to cause a fuss about. Rondon showed actual compassion and he probably felt absolutely terrible. That could potential destroy McCarthy's career. I am also sure Rondon probably felt the leg breaking on his foot. 

A player shows genuine emotion to a terrible accident, and someone still isn't happy. Would have been so much worse if Rondon blew it off as nothing. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Signing Sturridge on loan for the rest of season. The thought of seeing him doing that **** dance in that shirt makes me feel like vomiting.

Hopefully he'll injure himself driving to Smethwick

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hopefully he'll injure himself driving to Smethwick

Be interesting to see how often he plays given his record of pulling a hamstring if he touches a football.

But seriously, that **** dance he does. Eurgh.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

He could have gone to Inter and challenged himself. 

He's just one of those players I can't warm to. 

He’s obviously a “special” personality. Steven Gerrard wrote in his book how he used to have to sit with him 1:1 before a game to try and get him even slightly motivated to play. One of those “hates the game” types but takes the money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

He could have gone to Inter and challenged himself. 

Plenty of English players are happy to stay in the UK rather than go abroad and expand their horizons. Presumably they are scared they might learn something or improve as a player. 

Â