Ashley Young

maqroll

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

No,No....I see your point.

but its about odds, the odds are more likely that if we had a younger player as cover, there would be other downsides i.e

• Not of a quality level
  • too expensive to be cover
  • Another long face, for not playing regularly enough
  • Gets in the way of young academy development.

Dean doesn't strike me as a manager comfortable in having a huge squad, he doesn't strike me as happy trying to keep a huge squad happy....hence is comment " I don't want to stock pile players"

We all know, we have to have adequate cover, but Dean seems to be at his best playing players, not having them hanging around....its a balancing act for sure.

Dean seems to have hit on a "very happy ship" formula....He is the best placed person to manage that.

Agree with your comments on Smith, it’s one of the few things I wish he did a little better was rotating the squad. Thought it cost us some points during the season.

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Christ, if he was reading VT last night he might have decided to stay there after all. 

Minority...the majority are happy.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The only Redux I was aware off is the director's cut of apocalypse now. 

We need to see Ashley staring at a fan ceiling light with a doors soundtrack going on.

I thought it was bubble bath?

• Haha 2

Targett is historically injury prone. The fact that he played all but 30 minutes in an anomaly. Young at the minimum provides insurance for the eventuality that Targett will get hurt, be tired or get suspended. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Minority...the majority are happy.

I'm assuming you're not happy since you thought 36 was too old, we had been bitten with old players before and it couldn't happen anyway as we had to "listen to Purslow"?

Edited by Vancvillan
Spelling

I’m somewhere between very interested and excited with this one. Young is a different player to the one we all remember, I’m looking forward to seeing what he can bring. If nothing else he gives us options and experience and I'm sure he’ll have some good moments this season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

I'm assuming you're not happy since you thought 36 was too old, we had been bitten with old players before and it couldn't happen anyway as we had to "listen to Purslow"?

You know what assume is?

36 is old for an out field football player, my point was he is exceptional, for such an age.

No, I am happy as my earlier posts have suggested.

• Like 1

Â