Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he plays the advantage then he gives the penalty  for the follow up. You cant play the advantage on two fouls

It was a generally a poor referring decision

One foul after another foul brings the ball back to the position of the first offence, doesn't it?

2 hours ago, brommy said:

But if we're reviewing incorrect decisions in the same phase of play, the referee should have played advantage after the clear shirt pull and then awarded a free kick after no immediate advantage was gained. Subsequently not giving a penalty and then,  subsequently again, giving a soft free kick for Brentford is irrelevant if the correct rules were applied - a free kick for the first offence after no advantage was gained.

Teams can't just pick the offence that suits.

I'd say you're being too textbook here. 

The 'advantage' from the first potential review would be that the player was able to get in the box and be fouled again.

I haven't even seen the incident, but as an attacking team being given and advantage, I would say you absolutely should pick the offence that suits if they were both against you.

19 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I'd say you're being too textbook here. 

The 'advantage' from the first potential review would be that the player was able to get in the box and be fouled again.

I haven't even seen the incident, but as an attacking team being given and advantage, I would say you absolutely should pick the offence that suits if they were both against you.

We're being 'textbook' because we're analysing the referees decisions against the rules of the game. The advantage gained within a few seconds, does not include a foul in a more advanced position or a penalty. The ball is brought back to the position of the first offence. The rules of football don't allow the team to choose what suits them.

It's often seen during games. The attacking team is fouled but retains possession only to be fouled again whilst the referee is still waving advantage. The ball then comes back to the position of the original offence, even if the attacking team would prefer the more advanced foul or penalty. Those are the rules of the game, whether we like them or not.

If the decisions are to be analysed, which they were, the mistake was not seeing the first infringement, outside of the box.

Edited by brommy

1 minute ago, brommy said:

We're being 'textbook' because we're analysing the referees decisions against the rules of the game. The advantage gained within a few seconds, does not include a foul in a more advanced position or a penalty. The ball is brought back to the position of the first offence. The rules of football don't allow the team to choose what suits them.

It's often seen during games. The attacking team is fouled but retains possession only to be fouled again whilst the referee is still waving advantage. The ball then comes back to the position of the original offence, even if the attacking team would prefer the more advanced foul or penalty. Those are the rules of the game, whether we like them or not.

If the decisions are to be analysed, which they were, the mistake was not seeing the first infringement, outside of the box.

Granted ...but I'm not sure a foul following an advantage is explicitly mentioned in the FA rules. It's referee's discretion. Advantage could be getting a shot off, making a pass, or in this case getting into the box. Then there was a separate incident. 

We're also talking about how referring is so poor in general and what improvements should be made. 

What incentive is there for a player to stay on their feet if a team just chops away at them repeatedly if they do and then it's taken back to the first pull/trip?

Anyway, it's not a hill I'm willing to die on, I just feel that attackers should have the benefit in these situations. 

And also, it's happened to Leeds, so **** em

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

5-3 up in the Efl Trophy and they still manage to get a straight red card. 

word removed-ishness obviously runs through all age levels there 😂

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

5-3 up in the Efl Trophy and they still manage to get a straight red card. 

word removed-ishness obviously runs through all age levels there 😂

In all fairness to them, Tranmere did play extremely negative and were timewasting throughout the game.  This clearly irritated the Leeds coaching team and players.  😉

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â