Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

33 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Their support was decent first half , although nothing special. Second half they were more quiet as we got louder. I’m never overly impressed with the noise they make when they come to villa. There’s always better usually. They are a big club but they need bigger investment and a big name manager to help push them along a bit like we have.

They really aren’t, it’s another case of one club city. They have spent longer outside the top flight than in it 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I thought they were alright, just something not clicking and missing

He's a clearing in the woods though ain't he, animated at everything for almost no reason

Interesting that the general take away on here is that 'were just not quite good enough'

We give away two very sloppy goals from mistakes, as we do every game but if we don't make those we've created enough chances to score 4 away.

Issue is always that these things seem like anomalies but they happen every game. Why we've committed so many people forward to a corner in the 3rd minute I'll never know.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Team of hard workers with no spark (apart from Gnonto). They just desperately need some more creativity (and for Bamford to get fit, I hate to say it but it's true). 

I thought we struggled to track Aaronson at times with him floating off the front players. Not sure what @Rino8 thinks of his impact so far. Perhaps one who'll really click into productivity next season.

5 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think they'll be in a relegation battle unless they start keeping clean sheets, you can't outscore a bad defence.

But there's surely 3 worse teams.

They kept a clean sheet all of two games back at Newcastle. Only conceded once at Anfield in their last away win. Southampton, Everton and Bournemouth all have poorer defensive structures imo. Even up to a few games ago a team like Brentford were shipping plenty away from home.

I don't know it's an easy line to throw at them. The first goal was embarrasing in way they were caught but it still contained a brilliant pass from Young, then Kamara showed brilliant awareness and then a really good shot from Bailey so we still had huge work. Second goal any team in the league can concede, keeper parries a shot and someone in six yard box taps in.

For an hour we created very little.

Think they're a bit like Everton. Without their CF most break down too much when in final third unless they're in all out attack mode. If Bamford stays fit for 15 games and they have Gnoto and Rodrigo either side that will keep them up.

All that said I do think Meslier is a very average keeper and don't see the huge potential so many seemingly do. He's still young but he's been first choice now since early 2020. Again silly mistakes from him yesterday.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Slight whisper of "Marsch out" from away end just before they score.

I dunno I just find it harsh. We rarely played like that under Gerrard for example when we were calling for him to be sacked for months.

He came in late last season with sole objective to keep them up (just) and achieved that. Then lost their two best players so if Leeds fans were expecting them to be like Brentford or Brighton then they're wildly optimistic imo.

Think 14th/15th is about the best they can do and I'd still expect them to finish in one of those positions.

More I think about it losing that Forest home game with the Queen passing did for them. They actually started off really well at home this season and Forest was a walking three points at that stage so them on 20 points now and they've got breathing space.

Whisper it quietly but I'd prefer them to stay up as our games home and away v them have a nice edge to them compared to many of our fixtures and they're a long way off seriously challenging for europe so they shouldn't be a direct threat to us in coming seasons.

If I were a Leeds fan I might take my cue from how the players respond to Marsch, and they all seem to be willing to die for him. I'd stick behind him as long as they're playing decent with good effort and not in the drop zone.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

If I were a Leeds fan I might take my cue from how the players respond to Marsch, and they all seem to be willing to die for him. I'd stick behind him as long as they're playing decent with good effort and not in the drop zone.

I take the point of what @Rino8 said above, maybe we're all watching in one game thinking 'hmm despite the loss these were pretty good' but maybe that gets pretty old if it's what their fans watch every week. But overall I agree, they don't look like they're in disarray or anything, and I think if Bamford is back and going to stay fit that should help results improve. 

38 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Very Ted Lasso isn’t it 

I mean, he knows how to galvanise the players. But fans? I am fine with statements like that if you’ve had a couple of losses - but it’s okay to keep have 2 wins in 17? It’s not like they’ve not spent nothing either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I understand what he is trying to get across but doesnt sound great

Yes, if their record wasn’t so abysmal I don’t see how you can keep pretending that you can learn from defeats. They’ve spent and really haven’t progressed from Bielsa. 

Â