Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

It seems they are playing Palace in a friendly, and guess what? Someone has tried to start a fight! And they've lost two players to injury inside 45 minutes, and lead with a very dubious penalty.

Thanks BBC Sport, how would I have managed withoutthat knowledge :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

It seems they are playing Palace in a friendly, and guess what? Someone has tried to start a fight! And they've lost two players to injury inside 45 minutes, and lead with a very dubious penalty.

Thanks BBC Sport, how would I have managed withoutthat knowledge :)

probably blame McGinn again for that

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

probably blame McGinn again for that

Tyler Adams trying to start on Jordan ayew.

Tyler Adams-McGinn then ;)

The article is good, but the ranking seems too low. Guardian writers pegging Leeds at finishing at 18th doesn't surprise me, but I think Leeds are going to do much better than last year. Marsch's system is going to be fun to watch in the PL. Marsch will grow on the fans with some wins.

Despite keeping Leeds up, he is yet to find popularity with the fans but a good start to the campaign would see that change quickly. Last season was about survival at all costs, now he can finally implement his blueprint for the long-term.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

10 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I’m torn between wanting them to be relegated because, you know….it’s leeds; and wanting them to do well so that the Bielsa wankfest can be put to bed

As long as they’re below us I’d love for it to be proven beyond question that Jesse ‘Ted Lasso’ Marsch is a better manager than Bielsa.

I’d also love for them to get 0 points.

i think Marsch is a decent man manager and did manage to turn the things around there quite quickly. I think he is a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing, clever tactically, more so than he lets on and probably plays up a bit to the whole 'ted lasso' image when speaking to the media. They will do better than last year and challening nerer to the top half of the table than bottom imo.

I want to know when that giant bielsa statue they were banging on about building during their mourning is being put up outside the stadium?

deluded fekkers. 

I have Leeds, Newcastle and Everton to get relegated this season. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

On 04/08/2022 at 02:43, ciggiesnbeer said:

I want to know when that giant bielsa statue they were banging on about building during their mourning is being put up outside the stadium?

deluded fekkers. 

I have Leeds, Newcastle and Everton to get relegated this season. 

They are naming their training ground after him apparently.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2022 at 01:43, ciggiesnbeer said:

I want to know when that giant bielsa statue they were banging on about building during their mourning is being put up outside the stadium

I think they decided to just retire his bucket in the end?

#respect 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Watching the Leeds performance today, what struck me at the start of the game was that they all knew what they were meant to be doing. These aren’t great players - and clearly up against a much better team on paper. But there’s a cohesion to it.

That’s what happens when you hire an experienced manager who isn’t learning on the job. And Marsch probably isn’t even all that, he’s just a level above Gerrard/Lampard/Parker etc., and it shows.

• Like 2

Leeds today showed what a pre-season can be used for. They were pretty poor after Marsch took over, but during summer they have worked hard on the training pitch and their pressing game now works beautifully.

What were Gerrard’s aims for pre-season? Spotting a kangaroo?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Watching the Leeds performance today, what struck me at the start of the game was that they all knew what they were meant to be doing. These aren’t great players - and clearly up against a much better team on paper. But there’s a cohesion to it.

That’s what happens when you hire an experienced manager who isn’t learning on the job. And Marsch probably isn’t even all that, he’s just a level above Gerrard/Lampard/Parker etc., and it shows.

And their manager was meant to be an unqualified laughing stock.

We've got one of the shittest two managers in the league, and the higher ups need to consider how much more they're going to let him tank their investment

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

And their manager was meant to be an unqualified laughing stock.

We've got one of the shittest two managers in the league, and the higher ups need to consider how much more they're going to let him tank their investment

We actually have Ted Lasso in charge 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Leeds today showed what a pre-season can be used for. They were pretty poor after Marsch took over, but during summer they have worked hard on the training pitch and their pressing game now works beautifully.

What were Gerrard’s aims for pre-season? Spotting a kangaroo?

Didn't we beat Leeds in pre season?

But yes they strengthened where they've needed to and all their summer signings have hit the ground running.

Â