Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

cant find a video of it but this is the one im thinking of

Leeds United's Liam Cooper (Left) tackles Aston Villa's Jack Grealish  during the Sky Bet Championship match at Elland Road, Leeds Stock Photo -  Alamy

liam cooper

and leeds fans called it a **** dive! that was a terrible tackle that grealish was very lucky not to break something

Wasn't really to bothered by the other incident in that match, but this one proper annoyed me. They were absolutely braying at Grealish for diving when that was just about the worst challenge I saw in the league all season. Their (and half the league's) fans obsession with him was crazy. Proper jealousy about not having a player as good as him, though it was amusing watching them trying to convince themselves that 46 year old Pablo Hernandez was better.

• Like 2

I don’t really care much enough about other teams to actually hate them (including SHA and WBA - not a brummie so hard to care) but honestly I’d like Leeds to be liquidated and for Elland Road to burn to the ground (obviously empty; I’m not a monster)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Who gives a single **** what Leeds fans think? Twitter, Leeds sites or on here. Just **** off. Moan, moan, moan, “we are everyone’s 2nd team”, whinge, whinge, whinge, wah, wah, wah!!!!!

Can dish it out alright but can’t take it back. Tin pot club, tin pot fans. Hope they go down this season along with Boring Burnley and go back to being irrelevant again for the best part of 2 decades so I never have to hear about or from them again.  

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Nah for me it was the same as wolves and Newcastle, it was a big club pissing contest 

A lot of fans took pops at us while we were down there, villa fans bit big time with Leeds, that game tipped it over the edge

Was it also that game that had a shocking tackle on grealish that was lucky not to break his legs and the Leeds fans went nuts over him diving? That was an awful tackle 

I actually think Leeds took it more personally than us. I had no issue at all but was in a pub in Berlin 3 weeks after for Villa/WBA and Leeds/Derby and all I got was abuse that Grealish was a nothing diver that was no Pablo Hernandez and they were looking forward to destroy us in the playoff final

Leeds needed find a rival since United couldnt care about them

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I actually think Leeds took it more personally than us. I had no issue at all but was in a pub in Berlin 3 weeks after for Villa/WBA and Leeds/Derby and all I got was abuse that Grealish was a nothing diver that was no Pablo Hernandez and they were looking forward to destroy us in the playoff final

One of the worst united teams in years absolutely humbled them twice last year. 

Your right united fans just laugh at them and dont care about little leeds.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

This is very true. Man Utd-Leeds is only a rivalry in Leeds minds. Only one way, much like Villa-Coventry. 

21 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Not at all.

It's why it's so funny to see. Rivalry created entirely in the depths of Football Twitter. I

Both sides play victims, sit here saying the other sets of fans are obsessed while also relentlessly bringing the same things up.

I don't think there's much playing the victim from us to be honest (I'm obviously biased though).

Leeds had a massive chip on their shoulder being in the Championship under Bielsa and thought they were the absolute dogs bollocks.  Divine right to get promoted, best side in the league.  Hernandez the best player in the league by a mile.  Bamford the best striker.  And then loads of needle got added with poor sportsmanship - the spygate incident with Derby, Roberts feigning to put the ball out of play against us then Leeds going on to score.  Bamford feigning being elbowed in the aftermath (and subsequently doubling down that he got caught, the absolute clearing in the woods :D).  You also had Leeds fans constantly abusing Tyrone Mings and Jack Grealish - the latter mostly targeted due to diving; particularly hypocritical given that Bamford and Ayling are in their ranks and both were diving all season long.  Now the hypocrisy is shown again r.e: the young player who got injured, after he could have injured Buendia.

Personally, I wouldn't really call it a rivalry.  Just the majority of Leeds fans are awful and so people want to see the club get relegated.  I'm in that camp too :D 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Personally, I wouldn't really call it a rivalry.  Just the majority of Leeds fans are awful

This is the truth…..they don’t back their own side…. they put pressure on them their intense desperation to achieve something like past glory (which cannot be possible in the current climate IMO)

56 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Leeds moaning about a tackle is just mindboggling. They have always been a filthy side, for as long as ive been watching football and I wasnt around in the 70s and 80s.

I was. And I've lived in Leeds since 1972. Nice city, actually. But horrible, horrible football club, all the way back to the cheating Revie thugs. 

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

The way they played on Sunday,I cant see them staying up.They only had 1 decent player ( the GK )

This is very rose tinted you created 1 chance in open play which was the Watkins chance. 

We had 3/4 chances that worked your keeper 

In my opinion taking into consideration we’re not trying to be a possession team anymore we want to press you to give it away which worked 3/4 times. You might have had more ball but there wasn’t anything between the teams really. 

With regards to the supposed rivalry. 

Villa were always a meh team to me growing up big club well supported had no particular feeling one way or another with them. They were just there. Still are really. I don’t think many fans particularly care about villa either other than the midlands teams 

obviously we are different the whole country seems to have a problem with us. 

we all hate Leeds scum is sang everywhere  and yes that’s at old Trafford as well for those who say it’s a one sided rivalry. 

I think it’s pretty much us both basically being big clubs well supported on the same trajectory for the last few years meaning we’re comparing ourselves off against each other. 

As for the tackle I’m not mad about yes, McGinn is a bit of prick wanting to leave one on him but it doesn’t bother me, I prefer feisty games with a bit of edge. 

but at the same time that’s why I didn’t like grealish or the whinging of him and dean smith and yes villa fans doing the exact same going mad over tackles on grealish that you’re taking the piss out of Leeds fans for now. 

Edited by BigRed

33 minutes ago, BigRed said:

This is very rose tinted you created 1 chance in open play which was the Watkins chance. 

We had 3/4 chances that worked your keeper 

In my opinion taking into consideration we’re not trying to be a possession team anymore we want to press you to give it away which worked 3/4 times. You might have had more ball but there wasn’t anything between the teams really. 

With regards to the supposed rivalry. 

Villa were always a meh team to me growing up big club well supported had no particular feeling one way or another with them. They were just there. Still are really. I don’t think many fans particularly care about villa either other than the midlands teams 

obviously we are different the whole country seems to have a problem with us. 

we all hate Leeds scum is sang everywhere  and yes that’s at old Trafford as well for those who say it’s a one sided rivalry. 

I think it’s pretty much us both basically being big clubs well supported on the same trajectory for the last few years meaning we’re comparing ourselves off against each other. 

As for the tackle I’m not mad about yes, McGinn is a bit of prick wanting to leave one on him but it doesn’t bother me, I prefer feisty games with a bit of edge. 

but at the same time that’s why I didn’t like grealish or the whinging of him and dean smith and yes villa fans doing the exact same going mad over tackles on grealish that you’re taking the piss out of Leeds fans for now. 

Leeds are not a big club.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Leeds are not a big club.

Ok then, we still playing this game. If we weren’t there would have been all the fuss about us being back in the premier league, whether you’ll admit it to yourself or not we are as are villa no question just a bit of a bland one. 

• Haha 1

Â