Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I thought they were alright, just something not clicking and missing

He's a clearing in the woods though ain't he, animated at everything for almost no reason

I was most impressed by the fact they are not mistake ridden any more. Jesse James has got them really clicking in midfield. 

Slight whisper of "Marsch out" from away end just before they score.

I dunno I just find it harsh. We rarely played like that under Gerrard for example when we were calling for him to be sacked for months.

He came in late last season with sole objective to keep them up (just) and achieved that. Then lost their two best players so if Leeds fans were expecting them to be like Brentford or Brighton then they're wildly optimistic imo.

Think 14th/15th is about the best they can do and I'd still expect them to finish in one of those positions.

More I think about it losing that Forest home game with the Queen passing did for them. They actually started off really well at home this season and Forest was a walking three points at that stage so them on 20 points now and they've got breathing space.

Whisper it quietly but I'd prefer them to stay up as our games home and away v them have a nice edge to them compared to many of our fixtures and they're a long way off seriously challenging for europe so they shouldn't be a direct threat to us in coming seasons.

• Like 2

Dont get the Marsch hate from the fans. Players definitely like him a lot, its not like us under Gerrard that they never gave up

I think the brash American might annoy fans but he is better than Bielsa

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I thought they were alright, just something not clicking and missing

He's a clearing in the woods though ain't he, animated at everything for almost no reason

Team of hard workers with no spark (apart from Gnonto). They just desperately need some more creativity (and for Bamford to get fit, I hate to say it but it's true). 

• Like 1

Thought they played well tonight and were unlucky to come away with nothing. Their intensity, fitness and pressing made life difficult for us. If they play like that week in, week out, they’ll have no problems.

I actually don’t mind Marsch, he’s passionate and animated but he says it like it is.

Leeds are still absolute spunktrumpets though. 

I dont get the hate either. O think mars sh considering he has had no PL experience is doing a good job

Seems like their is a bit of a rift with leeds and marsch over a offensive song about gnoto. Leeds fans were told not to sing it before and they still did yesterday 

12 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think they'll be in a relegation battle unless they start keeping clean sheets, you can't outscore a bad defence.

But there's surely 3 worse teams.

To be  fair i dont think their defence was that bad. The first ws a hrilliant count attack and 2nd was unlucky by meslier as he made a great save

I think we defended brilliantly for most parts yesterday. Feel silly slips but otherwise solid

• Like 1

Two wins in fifteen in the league, only Southampton have been in worse form in that time, and two wins in seventeen in all competitions, that's why many Leeds fans aren't happy with Marsch, I think a lot of them do like him and want him to do well, but just don't think he's a very good manager, they're only doing very marginally better now than were this time last season, and last season they had a ridiculous injury list and despite having lost Phillips and Raphinha in the summer, they have a better and more balanced squad overall now after spending the money those players brought in.

Their defence is their biggest weakness, they got criticized for it last season under Bielsa, but it's only been marginally better so far this season, the main difference is under Bielsa their goals against was distorted by them having the occassional thrashing against top six sides, whereas under Marsch they're conceding just as many but the goals are spread out against everyone they're playing, which is worse, they've conceded two or more in ten of their league games this season, and again last season they had a ridiculous injury list, so defence was patched up with players playing out of position.

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

To be  fair i dont think their defence was that bad. The first ws a hrilliant count attack and 2nd was unlucky by meslier as he made a great save

I think we defended brilliantly for most parts yesterday. Feel silly slips but otherwise solid

I'm not just talking about our game.

They're consistently putting in decent performances and not getting results.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

It's a big City, with just one club

Technically this is correct but Bradford City are only about 5 miles away and they're a relatively big team themselves (about 25k seater stadium). Leeds also has very large rugby and cricket followings due to Rhino's and Headingley which impacts their support.

Leeds are a proper club, great fans too. Third biggest City in the uk by population with them being the only club within the city . Yorkshire being the biggest county also, with them being easily the biggest club in it. They also have a very healthy nationwide fanbase with fans scattered all over due to their 60s/70s golden period. Massive catchment area for them to gather fans from, more so than us who have more to compete with. Neither clubs see each other as proper rivals but there’s certainly a bit of needle nowadays than there was before. I’m all for Leeds staying in the premier league where they should be.  Always viewed them as a bigger club than Newcastle.

• Like 2

They played well in patches but defensively they are poor once you get past the initial press. 

I don’t know it’s whether I’m upper holte, but thought they were very quiet as fans.

Fans are so delusional, think they are a big club and that they are going to sign a top prem striker

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

They played well in patches but defensively they are poor once you get past the initial press. 

I don’t know it’s whether I’m upper holte, but thought they were very quiet as fans.

Fans are so delusional, think they are a big club and that they are going to sign a top prem striker

Their support was decent first half , although nothing special. Second half they were more quiet as we got louder. I’m never overly impressed with the noise they make when they come to villa. There’s always better usually. They are a big club but they need bigger investment and a big name manager to help push them along a bit like we have.

• Like 1

Â