Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

On 24/10/2022 at 00:01, Demitri_C said:

They have liverpool away next week - liverpool will be raging about the forest result. I think they could be into a hiding next week. Could be curtains for marsch next eeek

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Losing to forest and leeds in a week is absymal. I would argue they are performing worse they are with that squad

Liverpool are in big big trouble. If they dont get CL they are in serious trouble

Really opens the door for Newcastle and then we are all screwed and the final nail in the game

• Sad 1

I can't explain it as I detest most things American. But there is something quite endearing about Jesse Marsch. He wears his heart on his sleeve, is brutally honest and he seems like he just really really cares / wants to win. 

• Like 3

What a shame for them.

Also a shame we don't have their weird fans all over our board any more so we can laugh at them.

I'm sure they'll be back when they're above us...FFS just looked and they already are :lol:

Where are they?! Worried for them now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Not sure I agree actually, and they are in the process of appealing so it might not be settled just yet.

It’s certainly an odd case. 

Appealing the appeal.

I mean, for **** sake, just pay up.

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

As if we would ‘just pay up’ if it was us 😂

I more meant it's ridiculous that they're appealing against an appeal.  They've appealed once, lost, shouldn't be able to just appeal again.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

As if we would ‘just pay up’ if it was us 😂

I understand why they're not just paying up from a business sense but ultimately their argument is just based on a technicality. They signed an agreement and should have to stick to it.

13 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

I understand why they're not just paying up from a business sense but ultimately their argument is just based on a technicality. They signed an agreement and should have to stick to it.

It doesn’t actually sound that cut and dry reading about it and it’s a pretty weird situation brought about by the COVID shutdown. 

They agreed a loan deal until the 30th of June and the contract said they would have to buy the player on the 1st of July if they had been promoted. 

The end of June came up and the loan contract ended. Leeds asked for an extension of the loan until the end of the season but could not agree terms with Leipzig. They hadn’t been promoted which would have triggered the transfer of the player so the player returned to his parent club.

Leeds subsequently went on to achieve promotion after the player had gone back to his parent club. 

The player has moved on from Leipzig and moved on again.  Now Leipzig want Leeds to pay a transfer fee for a player they never received who now plays for Nantes. 

Â