Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It doesn’t actually sound that cut and dry reading about it and it’s a pretty weird situation brought about by the COVID shutdown. 

They agreed a loan deal until the 30th of June and the contract said they would have to buy the player on the 1st of July if they had been promoted. 

The end of June came up and the loan contract ended. Leeds asked for an extension of the loan until the end of the season but could not agree terms with Leipzig. They hadn’t been promoted which would have triggered the transfer of the player so the player returned to his parent club.

Leeds subsequently went on to achieve promotion after the player had gone back to his parent club. 

The player has moved on from Leipzig and moved on again.  Now Leipzig want Leeds to pay a transfer fee for a player they never received who now plays for Nantes. 

Plays for Basel now.

Maybe my judgement is skewed by the fact its Leeds getting done over for £18m 😂

7 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I might be one of the few on here who likes Marsh so I don’t mind seeing him getting a few results. 

I dont mind him but I can see why he annoys people. He has that American bravado style which winds people up. Its almost Sherwoodesque with a plan

I think his players are playing for him too

• 2 months later...

They got off to a good start in their first three matches, but over the last fifteen games only Southampton have been in worse form. Looks like they're spending big to try and improve brought in Maximilian Wöber for around £12m, and have now a agreed a fee of '€30m' for Georginio Rutter.

Edited by useless

Â