Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

43 minutes ago, BigRed said:

I think it’s pretty much us both basically being big clubs well supported on the same trajectory for the last few years meaning we’re comparing ourselves off against each other. 

That's my take on the "rivalry" too

Like I said wolves and Newcastle did the same while we were down there, you stick yourselves in with us and somehow it's created this social media battle over what's effectively a massive pissing contest and at the same time it elevates yourself 

Everyone down there wanted to be bigger than villa, whats that tell you? 

And it is a pissing contest, there's 6 big clubs in England and while we are all fighting with each other over the scraps those 6 pulled hundreds of millions per year away from us, spurs generate more annual revenue than us pair added together, how the **** did that happen? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's my take on the "rivalry" too

Like I said wolves and Newcastle did the same while we were down there, you stick yourselves in with us and somehow it's created this social media battle over what's effectively a massive pissing contest and at the same time it elevates yourself 

Everyone down there wanted to be bigger than villa, whats that tell you? 

And it is a pissing contest, there's 6 big clubs in England and while we are all fighting with each other over the scraps those 6 pulled hundreds of millions per year away from us, spurs generate more annual revenue than us pair added together, how the **** did that happen? 

Exactly, the way I look at big clubs isn’t about the money as that just skews things. 

growing up in the 90’s for me spurs were nothing but a mid table team to me, but I understood they were a big club. 

they had a history behind them decent size stadium and big support. That’s a big club to me not who’s got the most money.

same with the likes of leeds, villa everton, Newcastle spurs Man City  of the time as well. 

Then you had the likes of man united Liverpool massive arsenal just behind 

Chelsea and city have now artificially inflated themselves but I still really don’t see them bigger than I did in the 90’s 

& even if clubs do get relegated that never changed the size of club to me, it just meant they had worse team with less money nothing else. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigRed said:

This is very rose tinted you created 1 chance in open play which was the Watkins chance. 

We had 3/4 chances that worked your keeper 

In my opinion taking into consideration we’re not trying to be a possession team anymore we want to press you to give it away which worked 3/4 times. You might have had more ball but there wasn’t anything between the teams really. 

With regards to the supposed rivalry. 

Villa were always a meh team to me growing up big club well supported had no particular feeling one way or another with them. They were just there. Still are really. I don’t think many fans particularly care about villa either other than the midlands teams 

obviously we are different the whole country seems to have a problem with us. 

we all hate Leeds scum is sang everywhere  and yes that’s at old Trafford as well for those who say it’s a one sided rivalry. 

I think it’s pretty much us both basically being big clubs well supported on the same trajectory for the last few years meaning we’re comparing ourselves off against each other. 

As for the tackle I’m not mad about yes, McGinn is a bit of prick wanting to leave one on him but it doesn’t bother me, I prefer feisty games with a bit of edge. 

but at the same time that’s why I didn’t like grealish or the whinging of him and dean smith and yes villa fans doing the exact same going mad over tackles on grealish that you’re taking the piss out of Leeds fans for now. 

nice you found your login after last season relegation battle

I look forward to the Leeds fans returning to Villatalk the official Leeds forum

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nice you found your login after last season relegation battle

I look forward to the Leeds fans returning to Villatalk the official Leeds forum

You’re talking like villa fighting for Europe last season and weren’t lucky to escape relegation the other year through Hawkeye not working. You’ve not broke the top 10 yet. You’re very much where we are 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Exactly, the way I look at big clubs isn’t about the money as that just skews things. 

growing up in the 90’s for me spurs were nothing but a mid table team to me, but I understood they were a big club. 

they had a history behind them decent size stadium and big support. That’s a big club to me not who’s got the most money.

same with the likes of leeds, villa everton, Newcastle spurs Man City  of the time as well. 

Then you had the likes of man united Liverpool massive arsenal just behind 

Chelsea and city have now artificially inflated themselves but I still really don’t see them bigger than I did in the 90’s 

& even if clubs do get relegated that never changed the size of club to me, it just meant they had worse team with less money nothing else. 

It's all noise and divide and rule between fan bases. The system is fundamentally broken - I just hope one of our clubs can break this pattern. In the age of social media, it just incentivises and makes the worst parts of our fan bases get extra tribal and silly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's all noise and divide and rule between fan bases. The system is fundamentally broken - I just hope one of our clubs can break this pattern. In the age of social media, it just incentivises and makes the worst parts of our fan bases get extra tribal and silly.

Yeah exactly it all feeds in to the idea that everyone is competition and the PL is this brilliant competitive league, villa Leeds Newcastle Everton etc all arguing over being a big club and doing this and doing that while them lot just pull away with nothing being said, it's like we're so blinkered to these petty rivalries that we're blind to the PLs bigger problems 

Its desperately scrambling for relevance so that we don't have to admit how far behind we all are 

Even one of those sky determined big 6 haven't won the league in 60 years but its their year this year and they're a good team that could do it... They won't do shit 

Edited by villa4europe

17 minutes ago, BigRed said:

You’re talking like villa fighting for Europe last season and weren’t lucky to escape relegation the other year through Hawkeye not working. You’ve not broke the top 10 yet. You’re very much where we are 

strange response to what I said but not really surprised. Anyway happy you found your password back onto Leedstalk

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BigRed said:

This is very rose tinted you created 1 chance in open play which was the Watkins chance. 

In my opinion taking into consideration we’re not trying to be a possession team anymore we want to press you to give it away which worked 3/4 times. You might have had more ball but there wasn’t anything between the teams really. 

Villa were always a meh team to me growing up big club well supported had no particular feeling one way or another with them. They were just there. Still are really. I don’t think many fans particularly care about villa either other than the midlands teams 

we all hate Leeds scum is sang everywhere  and yes that’s at old Trafford as well for those who say it’s a one sided rivalry. 

As for the tackle I’m not mad about yes, McGinn is a bit of prick wanting to leave one on him but it doesn’t bother me, I prefer feisty games with a bit of edge. 

but at the same time that’s why I didn’t like grealish or the whinging of him and dean smith and yes villa fans doing the exact same going mad over tackles on grealish that you’re taking the piss out of Leeds fans for now. 

Do they have places of education in Leeds? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BigRed said:

Damn, I was hoping we wouldn’t be in a relegation battle this season.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigRed said:

Don't flatter yourself. Teams sing it when they play you that's all (with possibly the exception if Man U, who sing it at other games too).

Like opposition fans sing "shit on the Villa" - no difference really, yet we wouldn't make anything of it, but Leeds fans do, it's their mentality. 

Truth is your hatred cos many of your fans are words removed 👍

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Don't flatter yourself. Teams sing it when they play you that's all (with possibly the exception if Man U, who sing it at other games too).

Like opposition fans sing "shit on the Villa" - no difference really, yet we wouldn't make anything of it, but Leeds fans do, it's their mentality. 

Truth is your hatred cos many of your fans are words removed 👍

Exactly, all fans will just want to sing defamatory songs at the oppo as its the only new songs we get to sing each match, and it gets the crowd going....its pantomime!

Only a Leeds fan could take that as any more!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BigRed said:

Dont forget we had 2 penalties.You dont usually get 2 penalties if you are only in the opposition box twice,so just the 2 penalties show that we spent a lot of time in the opposition box.

As I live in Perth (Australia ) I dont know about the rivalry,I am old enough though to remember that Leeds were called the bridesmaids because they usually finished behind Liverpool ( who won the title ) ( usually ) Maybe Leeds supporters have a complex about that,I dont know.

I remember the Leeds teams with J.Charlton,P.Lorimer A.Ball T.Yorath ,A.Clarke etc etc.

IMHO Leeds and Villa are both big clubs but we are bigger.We are now trying to qualify for europe.I dont know what Leeds ambitions are,but I am quite sure that european qualification is not one of them.

After saying all that.I am still going to put $20 on Leeds going down and $50 on Forest going down.   

17 hours ago, BigRed said:

What’s the white stuff around your lips? 

20 hours ago, BigRed said:

Do you think Gray was a bit of a prick leaving one on Buendia or are you conveniently forgetting that?

• Like 1

Leeds are a big club. Very good support for the most part  in terms of backing their team win lose or draw. They used to be a big game for a few clubs on and off the pitch. On the pitch they have lost the big game tag, off the pitch their fans still have a chip on their shoulder which can give some games an edge rather than what some of your more middle of the road clubs offer . Very colourful history. I don’t like them, but I don’t think they are a very likeable club, and they wouldn’t have it any other way.  In terms of rivalry, there never used to be one, but things have heated up slightly which isn’t a bad thing. Football is better when there’s an edge to it. Both big clubs with good support, and fell on hard times over the years . 

Like to see them relegated tbh  , even the time they spent out of the top flight the fans still acted like they are relevant, they are kind of a small heath of the north constantly blabbing away how big and special they are , they are just a load of shite really , there are 2 Leeds fans I know in the shires , Im not sure if they know each other but both are complete bellends 

7 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Do you think Gray was a bit of a prick leaving one on Buendia or are you conveniently forgetting that?

He didn’t leave one him though. 

he won the ball cleanly and buendia’s momentum took him into Gray. 

looked far worse than it was. If I thought he’d gone to leave one on him I’d say, Bamford getting one back on your cb was worse. 

I thought the Leeds fans saying he’s 16 was stupid, if he’s playing men’s football age doesn’t matter, 

But still doesn’t make Mcginn any less of a prick. 

Edited by BigRed
  • Haha 1

Â