Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

i dont see it personally, dont see the heads dropping and them giving up especially given how marsch knows some of these new players

also think them buying a lot of players this summer is just making up for lost time, in reality they needed these players 2 years ago, almost like surviving last day has shocked their owner in to finally doing something 

they'll be ok and by ok I mean around 15th, flirt with the bottom 3 all season before pulling away near the end

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i dont see it personally, dont see the heads dropping and them giving up especially given how marsch knows some of these new players

also think them buying a lot of players this summer is just making up for lost time, in reality they needed these players 2 years ago, almost like surviving last day has shocked their owner in to finally doing something 

they'll be ok and by ok I mean around 15th, flirt with the bottom 3 all season before pulling away near the end

I just can’t see it. I think Bielsa did a phenomenal job of making what is a mid table championship team with 2 very good players (both of whom will not be there next season) massively over perform. He knew that ran them into the ground to the point that it stopped working and went at the right time for him before it all went completely wrong.

my personal view is take out Phillips and raphina they had and still have a bottom 3 squad. My opinion under bielsa was that if you don’t match the running you will get beaten and a few lazy sides did but match the work rate and the reality of how bad copper, ayling, glick, bamford, James, etc really are became very obvious. 

38 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I just can’t see it. I think Bielsa did a phenomenal job of making what is a mid table championship team with 2 very good players (both of whom will not be there next season) massively over perform. He knew that ran them into the ground to the point that it stopped working and went at the right time for him before it all went completely wrong.

my personal view is take out Phillips and raphina they had and still have a bottom 3 squad. My opinion under bielsa was that if you don’t match the running you will get beaten and a few lazy sides did but match the work rate and the reality of how bad copper, ayling, glick, bamford, James, etc really are became very obvious. 

Completely agree with that 

But that's why I think they're now going crazy this window 

They know the squads a championship squad that's just lost its best 2 players, so they're buying a new squad

Whether or not they have a bottom 3 squad after they've finished I'm not sure, I don't think their business so far has been that bad they just still need more 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Bid is in!

Exactly the same situation as Botman. Player doesn't want to go there because Milan are floating around.

As we know though, no one has any money except PL clubs.

This much strengthening from Leeds is devastating news for Everton.

This all has a Villa summer 2015 vibe to it… narrowly avoid relegation, then lose an important player (Phillips/Benteke) and sign lots of players who then fail to integrate and play as a team together… 

We’ll see how it goes but it’s not looking good for them.

• Like 1

Tyler Adams is a really good signing imo, would've had him for us no problem. Feels like he'll hit the ground running while Marco Roca will struggle a bit from not playing much at Bayern last two years.

Still need to see which CF they get in otherwise they'll just have same issues when he gets injured again.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

This all has a Villa summer 2015 vibe to it… narrowly avoid relegation, then lose an important player (Phillips/Benteke) and sign lots of players who then fail to integrate and play as a team together… 

We’ll see how it goes but it’s not looking good for them.

It helps though that the manager has experience of working with these guys and many of them have played together before. It's a lot less random than us in 2015.

Of course if they then go and sack the manager then it may be a different story.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It helps though that the manager has experience of working with these guys and many of them have played together before. It's a lot less random than us in 2015.

Of course if they then go and sack the manager then it may be a different story.

Yeah, it’s not exactly where we were but they’re not a million miles away. 

Again I disagree, our signings were rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic, we could have got pep in and signed messi and we were still going down, we were rotten with senior "professionals" like gabby, lescott and Richards as well as assholes like bacuna and sinclair 

Leeds aren't that - they're basically doing what we did when we first got promoted, it'll be a test to see how their at core championship quality team reacts to a lot of new faces but I don't see those championship players as just completely giving up and dragging new signings down with them which is what we did when we were relegated - doesn't mean they won't struggle or go down but they aren't our relegation team, they don't have the same problems 

• Like 3

The squad needs and overhaul and move away from the Bielsa era - the signings make sense if Marsch wants to impose his vision. However, I still think they are defensively very weak. Champions League experience doesn’t mean all that much these days - especially as the PL is just such a different league. Samatta scored against Liverpool in the CL but wasn’t good enough for the league. The signings might well be shrewd but I think they need a year to consolidate and rebuild. I still think they will struggle. But it depends on how weak the teams around will be. They could easily finish 15-18th. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 3

Poor start and fans will be chanting Marsch out, don't think they rated his tactics much in the run in even if the results were generally fine v non top 6 teams.

Bit unlucky he's following Bielsa but that's another thing to consider.

Very lucky not to drop last year.

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again there is always a sense of desperation around Elland Rd especially in big matches. it effects their players and until they can attract the standard of player that can cope with the atmosphere there during important matches they will struggle.

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

Very lucky not to drop last year.

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again there is always a sense of desperation around Elland Rd especially in big matches. it effects their players and until they can attract the standard of player that can cope with the atmosphere there during important matches they will struggle.

Absolutely true. It almost ruined Bamford's time with us and its partly why it took us so long to get out of both divisions. It's not as bad as in the prem because losing one game feels less all consuming.

Similar to yourselves its because half the people in attendance remember us being much better. When Watford fans watch them be shit its different.

• Like 3

On 07/07/2022 at 02:35, villa4europe said:

Leeds aren't that - they're basically doing what we did when we first got promoted, it'll be a test to see how their at core championship quality team reacts to a lot of new faces but I don't see those championship players as just completely giving up and dragging new signings down with them which is what we did when we were relegated - doesn't mean they won't struggle or go down but they aren't our relegation team, they don't have the same problems 

I may be a bit biased because I think of Jesse as one of the brightest managers in the world (and I know, I know -- his mentor Rangnick was supposed to be all that, too), but I really believe Leeds are going to get a toe-hold in the top half of the table this year if they can get a balanced squad. I don't know if there's any truth to them signing Castellanos from NYCFC, but wow if that happens -- still, starting to worry as others have that Whites need to shore up their defense. It's looking weak after the big departure of Phillips.    

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The absolute perversion around Bielsa remains.

Apparently if he gets the Bilbao job a load of Leeds fans want to go to one of his games to support him :D 

Luckily for the city of Bilbao they just rehired Valverde instead :D

pity Bielsa didnt get the Bolivia job now

Â