Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

I think leeds will probably stay up just as bamford will get them goals but next season they could be massive trouble for them.

I mean if they were to go down i can phillips bamford raphina ayling koch llorente james all jumping ship.

They would have big issues coming back up of all those players left. Although they could probably spend big with the fees they would receive 

I think i would prefer phllips over bissouma

• Like 1

You don’t appoint an inexperienced manager whose only coached winning teams. Look how much he choked at Leipzig. They wanted Bielsa without Bielsa but it ain’t gonna happen. The squad isn’t good enough. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think leeds will probably stay up just as bamford will get them goals but next season they could be massive trouble for them.

I mean if they were to go down i can phillips bamford raphina ayling koch llorente james all jumping ship.

They would have big issues coming back up of all those players left. Although they could probably spend big with the fees they would receive 

To be honest they're in danger of losing their best players (really just the first 3 in your list) even if they stay up. They need to hugely strengthen the squad this summer, if they somehow survive. 

Always seemed a strange time for a sacking. Even though they were shipping in the goals I think they would have had a better chance of staying up if they kept with Biesla. I don't think he had lost either the players or the supporters.  They could have made the change in the summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Always seemed a strange time for a sacking. Even though they were shipping in the goals I think they would have had a better chance of staying up if they kept with Biesla. I don't think he had lost either the players or the supporters.  They could have made the change in the summer.

Yes, they should have done it at the start of Jan *or* in the summer. Instead, they got the worst of both worlds, letting Bielsa waste the transfer window and then sacking him anyway now they've got a threadbare squad and no-one on form. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

You don’t appoint an inexperienced manager whose only coached winning teams. Look how much he choked at Leipzig. They wanted Bielsa without Bielsa but it ain’t gonna happen. The squad isn’t good enough. 

Leeds new manager,  got a little "Mike Bassett" on their hands by the looks of it.  
From what I saw last night they might not win another game this season. They were all over the place and they gave the ball to us maybe 20 or 30 times in 90 minutes.

Really good to see.  dirty words removed,  hope they go down.  

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I reckon bieslas leeds would have given us a better game than jesse. I mean it was so easy for us to play against them. We played well but we didnt play unbelievable yet it was just a comfortable victory for us. After the 3rd we just took it easy and let them off the hook.

I think leeds are going to be in trouble if they go down. Norwich and watford would be better placed to come back than leeds i think

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

new guy has a very remi garde feel about him. doesnt strike me as someone who's going to lead the team to scrap to safety

Was just about to post the same thing...

Dirty Leeds are a horrid club and fans, they should use their energy to support their team rather than abuse opposition players. Tells you much of what you need to know about them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its like when Wolves sacked Mick McCarthy, they were going down but he probably was the best chance to keep them up then it went to freefall when he left to League One

Please Please Please 😉

• Like 2

A Championship level team.

Bielsa was both good and bad for them - good as he got them running through brick walls and got them playing above their level. Bad because he never strengthened and persisted with a small squad. Now they look broken. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

He’d definitely lost the players, Phillips and Rafinha stopped playing for him (pre - injury for the former).

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’d definitely lost the players, Phillips and Rafinha stopped playing for him (pre - injury for the former).

They say Raphinha has stopped playing completely as has a transfer agreed........... That was supposed to be to Chelsea 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

new guy has a very remi garde feel about him. doesnt strike me as someone who's going to lead the team to scrap to safety

I think he’s ruined his career going there, joining them in the summer would have been better. 

You read the VP atmosphere thread in ontopic and you’d be led to believe that we are the worst fans int he world. So Leeds this “amazing” support that the media have been bleating in about quickly turned on their players, so much so the commentator said yo McCoist it’s the type of place you’d hate to play if things aren’t going well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The problem for them is that of the players you listed only Phillips and Raphina are definitely good enough for a step up. The rest may have been improved under Biesla and slip back to their level now.

They've made some poor decisions. Bielsa always burns teams out, to then waste a transfer window when team is struggling and big players are out is criminal. And then to sack him and chuck in a left field appointment with no history in the league, no real history of a relegation battle, is stupid. Unfortunately Marsch is also the kind of figure it's very easy to lose faith in, his background sadly doesn't help and his hyper positive manner immediately gives off that weak/naive vibe that simply doesn't breed confidence.

I think they'll survive, but it's going to be touch and go and they're relying on 3 teams being worse, and their high pressure style nicking a win or 2 with Bamford back. Squeeky bum time.

• Like 1

Shocked at how passive and wasteful Leeds were, especially in the second half.

Truly poor in possession and out of possession so resorted to kicking our players at any given opportunity.

Really hope they go down and the Leedzzz hype train is left to rot in the Championship sidings. 

• Like 1

Â