Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

They really did fall apart. I think you'd have to say that was the most concerning aspect really, anyone can lose a game, but they ended up just quitting. The manager isn't wrong when he says in that interview that they had players just taking on their own initiative to pump speculative balls over the top without checking to see if anyone's running on or whatever, but to have so little pattern to their play should be quite alarming. 

I have to admit I feel a bit sorry for this manager, he seems like a very eccentric choice. Not because he's American, but because he doesn't know the league and he's being parachuted into a bit of a disaster zone. And here we really do need to talk about Bielsa, and his fabled preference for 'working with a small squad'. Given the way Firpo left the field, he's not going to be playing at the weekend, so who is at left back? I guess Dallas, as they really have no-one else, so then for the next game it might be something like Dallas - Struijk - Llorente - Ayling, but then that's two players switching position and one guy being brought in. It was really negligent to allow Bielsa to whittle the squad down so small, they should have pushed him into two or three January signings, even if they were only loans. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

They really did fall apart. I think you'd have to say that was the most concerning aspect really, anyone can lose a game, but they ended up just quitting. The manager isn't wrong when he says in that interview that they had players just taking on their own initiative to pump speculative balls over the top without checking to see if anyone's running on or whatever, but to have so little pattern to their play should be quite alarming.

Yeah they had that spell at the beginning of the second half and then just seemingly decided to give up.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anywhere i can read leeds fans forum tonight? Id love to laugh at them as they must be raging and so angry to get battrrrd like that by us

Yes your in the forum but they wont be back here tonight 😜 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Bielsa kept them in a false position. Now watch them drop like a stone. 

Oh I do hope so 🥳

• Like 1

Marsch saying after the game that he was surprised by the disjointed display, probably would have helped if they played players in their correct positions, they had Ayling a right-back in central defence, Koch a central defender in central midfield, and Dallas at right-back, I know Dallas can play as a fullback, but surely would have made more sense to play Ayling at right-back, Koch in central defence, and Dallas in central midfield; Bielsa often got away with playing players out of position because with him it's more about the system rather than individuals, take that system away and you need players playing in their correct position.

Was also saying he was surprised by their performance after the way they played against Leicester, I think that game might have given them a false sense of belief, Leicester put in one of the worst displays I've seen this season, would be hard not to be the better team when the opposition play like that, and even then they weren't that good, and couldn't win.

Norwich is a massive game, but they're in a position now where even if they win they're still in big trouble, especially if Burnley manage to beat Brentford, as by the time Leeds have played their next two against Norwich and Wolves, Burnley will have three games in hand. If things go super wrong for them this weekend, they could find themselves in the relegation zone, with the two teams just above them Everton and Burnley having three and two games in hand respectively, they'd also be just three points off the bottom of the table if Norwich beat them.

Â