Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Leeds are a good team.Their games are good to watch and I’m glad they are back in the Premier League.

However I have not enjoyed every attack being described as free flowing.Or each bit of rank bad defending excused because it is exciting to watch.

The media drooling is immensely off putting in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have to agree with the points that he's tidied up at the back and slightly shifted to a more pragmatic style in some games, and frankly I think it makes Leeds a more challenging prospect.

Diego Llorente been a great signing for them, no way they get close to 50 goals conceded with him making 30 starts.

2 goals conceded v Chelsea, Manchester clubs and Liverpool in last 6 weeks is very good going particularly as they obviously just don't sit back in all of those games.

• Like 1

As much as the media drooling and some of the fans regularly popping up around here at opportune moments annoys me, can't deny that they've been impressive in their first season back. Fair play to them.

If they got rid of the cheat Bamford I’d like them a hell of a lot more. Can’t stand the word removed. He’s on the list with Troy ‘I’m a hard man’ Deeney and Ben Mee. 

Leeds are a good team. Fun to watch, doing really well for a promoted team, character for a manager. They've done really well.

Their fans are a bunch of absolute words removed though.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

As a collective they're like a weird frothing cult.  They're all over practically any football related news story on social media.

I think the reason for this is because their fans have spent the last 20 years or whatever, with their club bumbling around lower divisions, all the while looking at the Premier League having Bournemouth, Swansea, Blackpool and so on getting more attention than their club. I guess their perception would be "hold on, we're Leeds, we're a big club and we've been ignored and starved of the attention a club of Leeds' size merits" - and now they're finally getting that attention and their fans are therefore chipping in and all over it. It's kind of a mix of inferiority complex and superiority complex and they don't quite know how to accept their new situation after the 20 years of being ignored.

Patrick Bamford made a guest appearance on the Peter Crouch podcast today. They asked him about the El Ghazi cheating incident, and what went through his mind. He sounded quite remorseful and basically apologised, calling his behaviour embarrassing. 

Fair enough, but I still don’t like him!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Patrick Bamford made a guest appearance on the Peter Crouch podcast today. They asked him about the El Ghazi cheating incident, and what went through his mind. He sounded quite remorseful and basically apologised, calling his behaviour embarrassing. 

I think that is a good step in the right direction from him. Some where inside that meat packet of his, there may be a decent person in there. 

He seems to be toning down his s**tf***ery lately, and if he is trying more to play in the spirit of the game, then I am all for forgiving him. 

1 minute ago, AJ said:

I think that is a good step in the right direction from him. Some where inside that meat packet of his, there may be a decent person in there. 

He seems to be toning down his s**tf***ery lately, and if he is trying more to play in the spirit of the game, then I am all for forgiving him. 

well he was widely praised last week for his comments regarding racism and the Super League. He is definitely making a name for himself as an intelligent guy off the pitch with his recent interviews

Still an asshole but he is getting better

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well he was widely praised last week for his comments regarding racism and the Super League. He is definitely making a name for himself as an intelligent guy off the pitch with his recent interviews

Still an asshole but he is getting better

He talked about the Villa incident on Crouch's podcast this week, if you're all interested and still seething with rage.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

did he apologise for all the other times he's cheated too?

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

No. He did not. And I suspect he only apologised for the El Ghazi dive because he was caught out. 

Exactly, and someone like that would do it again if they thought they could get away with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Spurs have won 3 away games since early November so in terms of big name scalps I don't think Leeds beating them is that extraordinary, just seems like it because our record v Spurs is so bad in recent times. Indeed without checking I think Man. United is only top half team Spurs have beaten all season although we may have been top half when they beat us.

Probably important for their mentality going into next season they beat a top half team without Phillips starting as their record in games when he hasn't featured this season is nearly as bad as ours without Jack.

Edited by VillaChris

Â