Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Have you posted this on the 18 other premier league clubs forums looking for someone to care?

Im sure Leeds real rivals Bradford and Harrogate are wound up tonight 

• Haha 2

As much as Leeds fans like Bamford now, surely they can admit they need better if they're going to kick on? It was just a couple of years ago where he wasn't good for them because he missed too many chances when they blew their promotion campaign.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

As much as Leeds fans like Bamford now, surely they can admit they need better if they're going to kick on? It was just a couple of years ago where he wasn't good for them because he missed too many chances when they blew their promotion campaign.

Sure he was no Kemar Roofe 3 years ago

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think Bielsa is pretty happy with Bamford (just like DS is happy with Ollie here) so I genuinely think it will be the same, it will just be back up striker coming in and Bamford will start pretty much every game he's fit for next season.

Where they need to improve is more wide options so likes of Tyler Roberts and Helder Costa don't start much. I know their first choices are Raphinna and Harrison but Costa was starting a fair bit in first couple of months and Roberts at end of the season.

Could also do with high quality CM alongside Phillips. Klich isn't bad but again not quite the quality to take them on to next stage of league and he was on the bench for a few games in the run in.

Now their defence has settled down I actually think they're in similar position to us in many ways with their 11, need to find two players who can really advance them in final third as they certainly haven't struggled at all to create chances in prem so think it will be fun battle between both of us next season to see who's got in that quality to get another 2-3 places up the league.

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Weird one.

Had a great season, and you can't argue with the numbers he's put up this year. He suits the team, works harder than any striker in the league and brings a lot to the team when he isn't scoring too, so with all those things it's hard to make a real argument against him and rightfully so.

But he's a bit limited as a footballer. Their are certain types of chances I know he won't finish because he's not good enough and their are moments his on the ball ability costs us. You look at Rodrigos goals against Burnley and they're goals Bamford can't score.

He found some pretty hot form from Spurs onwards and when he played upfront he was electric. Offers something on the ball that Bamford can't but I'm not sure if Bielsa sees him as playing with Bamford a bit deeper.

Bamfords position is one for the future but we'd be a but stupid to replace him after the season he's had, all the complaints about missed chances bizarrely come from other fans now, not Leeds. He's only had one game that cost us with his finishing this season but in general he's been miles better.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I mean didn't Southgate more or less give this as the reason he picked Watkins over Bamford in March?

There isn't a metric in football in which x player in this position works harder than an equivalent Leeds player.

Only Wolfsburg come close in terms of distance, sprints, pressures etc. And then the gap is really, really big.

Edited by Rino8

23 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

There isn't a metric in football in which x player in this position works harder than an equivalent Leeds player.

Only Wolfsburg come close in terms of distance, sprints, pressures etc. And then the gap is really, really big.

That's interesting.

I guess I watch Villa more than any other team, and Watkins always chases and presses like no other player, even after 80/85 mins.

On 4/5 occasions when I've watched Leeds (other than playing villa) I haven't seen that from Bamford.

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's interesting.

I guess I watch Villa more than any other team, and Watkins always chases and presses like no other player, even after 80/85 mins.

On 4/5 occasions when I've watched Leeds (other than playing villa) I haven't seen that from Bamford.

it's a similar look for pressures too but the numbers are a while back and I'm too lazy to look for them, but while Watkins works very hard for the team its also while you have slugs like Ross Barkley.

Our entire team have outrun everybody we've faced in every game this season by 3-9km. So while Bamford might not look like he's working especially hard he's still working harder than his opposite number.

Â