Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

Only actually needs 5 red card on the one side, game's abandoned at that point anyway (teams must have at least 7 players)

I know but 22 players red carded would make me feel better 😉😂

• Haha 1

Bielsa loves Leeds not only the club but the people as well and the city and surrounding countryside (not being facetious he genuinely does and can often be spotted taking his dog for a walk in some of the local beauty spots in a Leeds tracksuit), so he'd be loath to leave them but wouldn't be surprise me if some of the 'bigger' clubs tried to prize him away after Leeds' performances this season.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love watching them play.

Great as a neutral, wouldn’t want to be a fan with that football.  Coaching is about defending and attacking, not just attacking.

Leeds are only two points ahead of us having played two games more which as good as they've been, also highlights how good we've been when you take the season as an whole, especially coming after last season, not easy to go from being one of the worst teams ever to still having a chance of European football the following season with just eight games left to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Definitely. Decent dribbler, shite at everything else.

Rodrigo has been injured for ages 

Every time I watch you guys and he's playing, he looks like an absolute competition winner. I'm sure he'll be finding his way back to the Championship soon, where he belongs (which is clearly not going to be with you guys, congrats on staying up by the way).

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Great as a neutral, wouldn’t want to be a fan with that football.  Coaching is about defending and attacking, not just attacking.

They actually aren’t that bad defensively. They’ve had a lot of injury problems with centre halves so have really struggled to have a settled back 4.  It’s been a lot more settled last 5 games and they’ve conceded 4. This includes playing Chelsea, Liverpool and City.  You gotta just say hats off to them, they’ve had a great first season back in this league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They actually aren’t that bad defensively. They’ve had a lot of injury problems with centre halves so have really struggled to have a settled back 4.  It’s been a lot more settled last 5 games and they’ve conceded 4. This includes playing Chelsea, Liverpool and City.  You gotta just say hats off to them, they’ve had a great first season back in this league. 

They have done well, but more interested in the second season.  Sheff Utd showed their intensity dropped second season.  Also whether Bielsa will be around, he has itchy feet a lot.

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

They have done well, but more interested in the second season.  Sheff Utd showed their intensity dropped second season.  Also whether Bielsa will be around, he has itchy feet a lot.

Bit different to Sheffield united who were winning games by the odd goal last season. Leeds have a lot more about them. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bit different to Sheffield united who were winning games by the odd goal last season. Leeds have a lot more about them. 

8 of Leeds 14 wins have been by the odd goal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not really

Plus Sheff Utd ended up on 54 points with zero goal difference and Leeds have zero goal difference currently.  Leeds last three games before tonight were by one goal.  They’ve conceded an astonishing 50 goals already.  Where Sheff Utd were tighter defensively, Leeds aren’t and Leeds score more where Sheff Utd didn’t.  They were both high intensity teams.  As we showed, you can stop them and teams will have learnt by next season so interesting what Leeds will do.

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

Not really

Plus Sheff Utd ended up on 54 points with zero goal difference and Leeds have zero goal difference currently.  Leeds last three games before tonight were by one goal.  They’ve conceded an astonishing 50 goals already.  Where Sheff Utd were tighter defensively, Leeds aren’t and Leeds score more where Sheff Utd didn’t.  They were both high intensity teams.  As we showed, you can stop them and teams will have learnt by next season so interesting what Leeds will do.

Sheffield United had a visible drop off in the second half of last season though. It didn't take a genius to see they were on the decline.

We've improved in the second half of the season defensively. We also have a better caliber of player already at the club, with a budget to bring in more quality in the summer.

The comparisons are reaching.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Sheffield United had a visible drop off in the second half of last season though. It didn't take a genius to see they were on the decline.

We've improved in the second half of the season defensively. We also have a better caliber of player already at the club, with a budget to bring in more quality in the summer.

yep, they had a drop off post corona last season

sheffield utd's success always seemed about work rate energy and enthusiasm anyway, the old cliche that they wanted it more sometimes it rings true, there was nothing tactically or quality wise that set them apart they just played as a team and ran round like a dog with 2 dicks, were very good at pressing, depressingly thats enough to beat aston villa more often than not, that always drops off in the 2nd season, partly because the enthusiasm naturally dwindles and partly because teams can suss it out and counter it very easily, you then throw in a bad start and the momentum has gone and you get what they've done this season

Leeds are better structured and organised and with that fanbase you would expect the momentum to carry on for longer, next season will be very similar to this season for them, inconsistent whilst playing generally decent football because there will still be areas of the team that lack the required quality no matter what they do in the summer - and i think villa will be exactly the same

1 hour ago, vidukasbox said:

Reaching but accurate.  Not convinced you have a better overall caliber of player to be honest, you have guys that work incredible hard.  Maybe you can go and by Brewster from them and replicate that part as well 😉

With Rafinha and Rodrigo being out they virtually fielded a championship team yesterday and outplayed Liverpool for large parts of that second half. 

Just goes to show how good Bielsa is. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

With Rafinha and Rodrigo being out they virtually fielded a championship team yesterday and outplayed Liverpool for large parts of that second half. 

Just goes to show how good Bielsa is. 

I needed a good laugh, thanks!

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

8 of Leeds 14 wins have been by the odd goal

Ok but the style of football is different. i don't see them falling away like Sheffield United did as long as Bielsa stays there. I also think Leeds are a much bigger club than Sheffield United.

54 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ok but the style of football is different. i don't see them falling away like Sheffield United did as long as Bielsa stays there. I also think Leeds are a much bigger club than Sheffield United.

High intensity football, one was based on defending and one on attacking.  Still the same issues.  I think Bielsa is one of the issues, the big teams and many other will/have figured out how to beat his one style of play hence why most teams struggle second season.  Expect them to be struggling a lot more next season.  One trick team by a one trick coach.

• Haha 1

Â