Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

I mean it's much more likely that either us or them get relegated than that either of us finish in the top 6. People on here seem to constantly underrate how difficult and unlikely significant improvement from our current situation would/will be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I think people will make the mistake of thinking that just because they've done well this season then they're going to keep on getting better and better just by signing better players, but it often doesn't work like that, especially for a team that overachieved in the first place. I think they will be doing well to finish midtable again next season.

Pretty much, didnt get same points but teams like Ipswich, Reading and Wigan had great debut seasons. Leeds might do better but can see why could struggle

54 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Jack goes down easily at times aswell.

One thing I don't get though...I'm guessing a Leeds fan has created that account to actively celebrate his dives throughout the season yet they all pile on social media to go on about likes of Grealish and other players when they do it in games. Bit of a strange one for me.

All part of creating that rivalry there desperate for. 

• Like 1

Think in next two seasons only Bielsa going will massive derail them, he's that important to their whole mentality.

People seem to be missing they've been conceding barely a goal a game for last four months so it's a very solid base to build on considering they had issues leaking in too many up to xmas.

Played all of Chelsea, Spurs, Man. City, Man. United and Liverpool in last two months and conceded just 3 goals.

Really interested who they've got in mind as potential replacement for Bielsa as they must know that day will come before too long. Thoughts @Rino8?

Edited by VillaChris

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think in next two seasons only Bielsa going will massive derail them, he's that important to their whole mentality.

People seem to be missing they've been conceding barely a goal a game for last four months so it's a very solid base to build on considering they had issues leaking in too many up to xmas.

Played all of Chelsea, Spurs, Man. City, Man. United and Liverpool in last two months and conceded just 3 goals.

Really interested who they've got in mind as potential replacement for Bielsa as they must know that day will come before too long. Thoughts @Rino8?

Is also the fact people might find them out, like Sheffield United teams can ve one season wonders. I think they wont be that bad but its not impossible they are in a relegation battle 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Is also the fact people might find them out, like Sheffield United teams can ve one season wonders. I think they wont be that bad but its not impossible they are in a relegation battle 

Or it could be that sheff United Barely scored goals in the first season, top scorer was sharp on 6. Then they signed players like Brewster who couldn’t score goals. So those 1-0 wins in the first season became 1-0 losses in the 2nd. 

leeds have had no issue scoring goals this season. Even if they dried up a little next season that wouldn’t see them struggle as sheff United have 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's something we plan for every year allegedly, but in our first summer with him our potential replacements were Karanka, Bowyer or Woodgate.

Now you'd like to think we can attract better managers than that now but the fact those three were looked at as successors is a bit worrying in the first place.

I've no idea what we'll do and I think any transition to a new manager is going to be rough, worse than any other team in Europe. It'll be like we have to learn to play football again since his way of doing things are so deep in the club and different to the norm.

There are dreams of Poch replacing him eventually and Bielsa's reputation might be something that gives us a shot of landing somebody like that but we'd need to keep progressing past this point first.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah, there was a period when pretty much any high ball into the six-yard box led to them conceding, but an uptick in the keeper's form and better defensive organisation has massively improved them in the second half of the season.

A difference people should consider between them and Sheff Utd is that Sheff Utd got much worse as their debut season went on, and really stumbled over the line in the end, whereas Leeds have gotten quietly more effective and ruthless as this season has gone on.

• Like 2

I think its because he takes 5 chances to score 1 goal is fortunate to be in a team playing attacking football and he is actually quite average.

If not for Bielsa and dozens of other managers who could have got the gig he would be playing for Barnsley.

• Like 2

Bamford will no doubt be issuing the "is it because I is privately educated" statement forthwith

It is harsh on him after the season he had tho! 7 assists nothing to sniff at for a striker, and he had as many spuriously disallowed goals as Watkins did

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

Bamford will no doubt be issuing the "is it because I is privately educated" statement forthwith

It is harsh on him after the season he had tho! 7 assists nothing to sniff at for a striker, and he had as many spuriously disallowed goals as Watkins did

has he played that card before then?

hasn't stopped mings getting picked

On 23/05/2021 at 22:48, villalad21 said:

People in here laughed when people predicted them to get European football.

Well they didn't do it but they came pretty damn close.

The value of Bielsa and the difference he makes should never be underestimated.

Come on. You haven't got a leg to stand on to mock those who's predictions turned out to be wrong. 

On 24/05/2021 at 09:48, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, there was a period when pretty much any high ball into the six-yard box led to them conceding, but an uptick in the keeper's form and better defensive organisation has massively improved them in the second half of the season.

A difference people should consider between them and Sheff Utd is that Sheff Utd got much worse as their debut season went on, and really stumbled over the line in the end, whereas Leeds have gotten quietly more effective and ruthless as this season has gone on.

Jack O'Connell getting injured was the first big blow they suffered in the debut season left a big void at left cb, then replacing Henderson with Ramsdale meant no more clean sheets. Lundstram got a big head and turned down a contract too all based on a short purple patch, he'll be lucky if a decent championship team goes for him now.

Leeds won't be any weaker at the start of next season unless they lose the plot during this transfer window.

• Like 1

Bamford is a bit unlucky but Southgate got it right picking Calvert-lewin and watkins ahead of him.  Bamford is a good player but he also misses a heck of a lot of chances. 

On 25/05/2021 at 13:22, Tomaszk said:

Hello to all our visiting Leeds fans.

It's funny Bamford has been left out the squad isn't it?

I think it's because he dives too much.

Bamford has took so much crap over the years he's used to it.

At leeds he's just improved himself to try to prove the doubters wrong.

Going for top 4 next season should make him a bit more noticed 🤠

21 hours ago, PaulC said:

Bamford is a bit unlucky but Southgate got it right picking Calvert-lewin and watkins ahead of him.  Bamford is a good player but he also misses a heck of a lot of chances. 

Don't think Bamford would look half as good under Southgate. Was a nobody pre Bielsa like most of their squad.

Watkins have proved he will perform anywhere under any manager, and doesn't need to be "babysitted" under one particular manager in order to perform.

I'm sure players like Dallas doesn't play anywhere close to the level for their national teams as compared to under Bielsa.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

I've only watched Leeds play twice this season so can't really comment on Bamford.

From what commentators and pundits have said though, he does not seem to offer that something different from Kane, Calvert-Lewin and Watkins.

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I've only watched Leeds play twice this season so can't really comment on Bamford.

From what commentators and pundits have said though, he does not seem to offer that something different from Kane, Calvert-Lewin and Watkins.

You must have watched him turn into Pele at Villa Park then the posh ****!!

Going on that 1 game I would think he would be picked for Brazil let alone England!

Â