Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

High intensity football, one was based on defending and one on attacking.  Still the same issues.  I think Bielsa is one of the issues, the big teams and many other will/have figured out how to beat his one style of play hence why most teams struggle second season.  Expect them to be struggling a lot more next season.  One trick team by a one trick coach.

Ok but i don't think you give him enough credit. 

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ok but i don't think you give him enough credit. 

I’ve seen enough of him in the last 20 years in Europe, where he leaves controversy wherever he goes.  He also tries to play the same type of football and he’s won one 2nd level trophy.  His team have done well this season but many teams do and fall away second season, like Sheff Utd last season.  People were raving about Wilder for his high intensity football and now relegated. Bielsa is a one trick pony, and a coach who throws his dollies out of his pram when things don’t go his way.

Honestly thought we were absolutely shit going forward. Just miles better at the back.

We have similar issues to yourselves with Raphinha/Grealish out. Our other wingers aren't good enough as much as they run about.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Honestly thought we were absolutely shit going forward. Just miles better at the back.

We have similar issues to yourselves with Raphinha/Grealish out. Our other wingers aren't good enough as much as they run about.

Harrison is good is he not? Or am i imagining things

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Harrison is good is he not? Or am i imagining things

Sometimes. Only scores worldies, when he's good going forward he's really good but about half the time he's like a 2nd LB. Runs loads, stretches the game and does nothing with it.

First game against you was a decent example of it, he saw loads of the ball and was consistently running into space but we never scored from anything he did.

I can’t distinguish sarcasm these days on this forum.  Man U and Leeds produced an awful game today in terms of quality.  Loved Carraghers comment on it 

this game has been awful hasn’t it, the quality, Jesus, oh my god, stay with us viewers we have a cup final next

Edited by nick76

16 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

First game against you was a decent example of it, he saw loads of the ball and was consistently running into space but we never scored from anything he did.

Thought he was the best player on the pitch in our first game against you by a distance, he dominated that game.

I think it's interesting to see the way you've adjusted as the season has gone on, you're starting games with a lot of players in deeper positions, a sort of keep-it-tight-for-the-first-ten thing, still the same intensity off the ball and on the break, but all done from a slightly deeper set. I think it's helped you. It's also maybe fuel for the debate people have that says Bielsa can't adjust.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Yep I thought Jack Harrison at VP gave us more problems than any other player this season. I don't know if that was a tactical failure on our part but we couldn't deal with him.

Trezeguet went missing defensively that day which gave them so many 2 vs 1 on Cash

• Like 2

Â