Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sure, maybe. I think Klich is a far better player, at this moment in time 🤷‍♂️

Maybe in a year or two Berge will be as good as people claim he is.

This is why he is rated, obviously. There are lots of posters on this forum who would rather have a basketball player to play in central midfield.

Nah. Much more to him than that. He has a great engine and good mobility for a big guy. His passing is also rather good and he's overall a well rounded midfielder.

But fair enough that you rate Klich higher.

Yeah, really like the Leeds team!

I suspect my enthusiasm isn't too different from the gushing praise they get from the pundit class: The game now, for better or worse, is so densely tactical that matches can seem won through precise formations, game plans, tactical discipline and so on, and Leeds' gung-ho ballbattle is a pleasing reminder of the unruly, random joy of 22 players going sweatily toe to toe, as it were.  Leeds, to somewhat overdo the fighting parallels, are a wild streetfighter amidst a platoon of Klitschkos.  They're gonna at least bring some fireworks, probably end up punch drunk, but it'll be fun.

As for Leeds the place and the people, well, I once exited Leeds train station to an immediate vicious bottling and my stay didn't get considerably jollier after that...😃

41 minutes ago, Shomin Geki said:

Yeah, really like the Leeds team!

I suspect my enthusiasm isn't too different from the gushing praise they get from the pundit class: The game now, for better or worse, is so densely tactical that matches can seem won through precise formations, game plans, tactical discipline and so on, and Leeds' gung-ho ballbattle is a pleasing reminder of the unruly, random joy of 22 players going sweatily toe to toe, as it were.  Leeds, to somewhat overdo the fighting parallels, are a wild streetfighter amidst a platoon of Klitschkos.  They're gonna at least bring some fireworks, probably end up punch drunk, but it'll be fun.

As for Leeds the place and the people, well, I once exited Leeds train station to an immediate vicious bottling and my stay didn't get considerably jollier after that...😃

Your reputation preceded you, obviously :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Still think there's a very good chance Leeds will collapse towards the end of the season.

You think they will only finish second?

I think you’re wrong. I think they will finish above first, they are THAT good.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just heard a brilliant take on a podcast. Biesla is Kevin Keegan with a bucket. 

Unfortunately that was not one of the Guardian pundit’s takes only a listeners tweet. Still funny though :lol:

• Like 1

Leeds are great fun, Bielsa is obviously a very good coach - but they're also over-praised and their fans are, on the whole, massive knobheads.

I still hope they collapse and go down but I just can't see it happening.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Really? I think they are a deplorable bunch of cheats. None more so than that horrible weasel Patrick Bamford.

Really hope they go back down. Doubtful I know, but there's hope.

the media hype alone is the reason i feel this way too. don't know any leeds fans personally so they've never done anything to make me feel like this. but the way the media are spunking all over them is just ridiculous now. i know that it's probably done deliberately to spark debate which ultimately results in website clicks, but still **** annoying

and ditto, bamford is a clearing in the woods

Staying up is a good season for them, then they can push on and improve their team like we did.

They're fairly entertaining but the media praise for them is ridiculous.  From commentators heaping them with superlatives when they're trailing by 5 goals to them revealing to us how to beat Liverpool (funny nobody has beat them since).  It's almost getting beyond parody now.

• Like 1

Â