Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Barry Glendenning regularly comes acoss as a boring, miserable arse in my honest opinion, and I don't really understand why people enjoy listening to him, but he seems to be pretty popular so what do I know.

I very quickly stopped listening to the guardian podcast after starting because of his smugness.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I don't think its intentional, have to be a special clown of a player to stand on the player and dive instead of shooting in that situation.

Bamford does love a good roll around on the ground, he tries to get away with things every game and he's pretty shit at it too, I'm not here defending him but to say that was a stamp is stretching.

So, Bamford, yes - exactly.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Leeds got more praise for losing 6-2 than us beating the champions 7-2

Thats not even an exaggeration. Amazing. 

For the record, I'd much prefer to have biesla than a Steve Bruce. I'd much rather watch a team that wants to attack and play football. I have a lot of respect for the way he handled the game against us a few years back. If we didn't have Smith, I'd like a similar type of manager to Biesla. 

I just can't stand Leeds and think the hype is ridiculous though. 

• Like 4

They kind of remind me of Blackpool when they were promoted under Holloway, they had a similar attacking approach, looking at their first fourteen games they actually had more points than Leeds have now, but like Leeds also had some heavy defeats.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, useless said:

They kind of remind me of Blackpool when they were promoted under Holloway, they had a similar attacking approach, looking at their first fourteen games they actually had more points than Leeds have now, but like Leeds also had some heavy defeats.

I remember them going to the Emirates early in the season and trying to outplay Arsenal, think they lost 5 or 6-1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:
2 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

Bamford is a snidey cheating rat and Leeds are words removed.

Tell us what you really think Chris.

I think, if you read his comment * really * carefully, a couple of times, there is an indication of his feelings in there.

• Haha 2

Blackpool were ridiculously entertaining that season, I think because of how they've declined they tend to be one of those teams people forget ever played in premier league but they had loads of entertaining games and results that season.

I know Holloway is seen as a bit of a joke figure on here and he made some comments about us after that game when he put a second string team out but him keeping them up would've been one of the all time great achievements imo and he was just a point from doing it. 39 points was highest to go down since 2002/03 and no team has gone down on that in the seasons since.

For most of that season they ran with a strikeforce of Luke Varney, Gary Taylor Fletcher and DJ Campbell. Campbell scored 13 prem goals that year! Also had Harewood knocking around and he of course scored past us at Villa Park. Their big money January signing to keep them up was a past it James Beattie.

• Like 3

Small Heath were also relegated that season on 39 points, something that some of their fans are very bitter about, the fact that they went down with one of the highest point totals of a relegated club and haven't recovered since, whereas last season we managed to survive with one of the lowest ever point totals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Blackpool were ridiculously entertaining that season, I think because of how they've declined they tend to be one of those teams people forget ever played in premier league but they had loads of entertaining games and results that season.

I know Holloway is seen as a bit of a joke figure on here and he made some comments about us after that game when he put a second string team out but him keeping them up would've been one of the all time great achievements imo and he was just a point from doing it. 39 points was highest to go down since 2002/03 and no team has gone down on that in the seasons since.

For most of that season they ran with a strikeforce of Luke Varney, Gary Taylor Fletcher and DJ Campbell. Campbell scored 13 prem goals that year! Also had Harewood knocking around and he of course scored past us at Villa Park. Their big money January signing to keep them up was a past it James Beattie.

I'd love us to play 2-2-6

Phillips sat in the middle, Klich run about next to him while he does his best Charlie Adam impression and we'll ride the carnage to safety.

See if we can pry Jermain Defoe from Rangers.

Edited by Rino8

1 hour ago, useless said:

Small Heath were also relegated that season on 39 points, something that some of their fans are very bitter about, the fact that they went down with one of the highest point totals of a relegated club and haven't recovered since, whereas last season we managed to survive with one of the lowest ever point totals.

They totally collapsed after fluking the league cup, think they were in comfortable mid table position even in March but won 2 of their last 12 games. Of course being McLeish they had 15 draws.

Blackpool position mid season was incredible one to get relegated from.

They had 25 points after just 17 games played and still went down:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9317216.stm

10/11 season pretty similar to this one given how tight it was in mid table.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Perfectly fine thanks, unlike either your memory or eye sight. Bamford intentionally stood on Mings, then dived on the floor and rolled about holding his ankle as if he had been kicked or stamped on, It’s quite obvious he intentionally steps on him to initiate contact and then dives, particularly in the slow at the end. It’s right here.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/jgvmem/mings_pulls_bamford_by_the_shirt_no_card_given/

There are numerous other examples of Bamford cheating including in the game against us in the Championship.

Mings didn’t stamp on the Reading player intentionally as was quite obvious by his immediate reaction to the guys injury. The first incident with Mings I do think was intentional.

lol this Leeds fan in the comments made me laugh:

Even his own goalkeeper is trying to prize his hand away.

What a thug. I just hope he gets a severe ban and learns his lesson before he ends someone's career.

Yeah he's going to end someone's career by *checks notes* pulling them up by their shirt.

Â