Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

44 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Despite the hype, I see similarities between Leeds this year and us last year.

• An inexperienced squad
  • Some excellent performances, but nothing to show for it
  • Lacking overall quality
  • Decent going forward, but easily caught out defensively

I don't think they'll flirt too much with relegation as WBA, Fulham, Arsenal and Sheffield are pretty ordinary.

They wouldn't heed our warnings at the start of the season. They thought they were special.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

If they lost in same positions we did and was Klich, Bamford and Meslier they would be ****. 

Meslier yes. Others we'd be okay. Dallas, Phillips and Bamford would be rough. We were lucky to have such a good game against you without Phillips but the next two we really struggled and lost them both 4-1. We were missing Rodrigo for those games too.

• Like 1

Absolutely mad interview from Bielsa.

Very rare to hear him speak at such length regarding the media, last weeks defeat etc. A good read regardless of your interest in him/dirty Leeds

Here

Edited by Rino8
  • Thanks 1

This bit is interesting.

We created 11 chances at goal, we scored two. Man Utd created eight chances at goal and scored six. They needed 14 chances to score six goals and we needed 13 to score two.  

He sees the game as 13 shots and two goals for Leeds and 14 shots with six goals for Utd. 

The BBC has it at 17 efforts on goal for Leeds and 26 for Man Utd. it's the fourth time in the league this season that a team has had more than twenty efforts on goal in a game with you - for comparison, we've only had the one (against you).

I like watching Leeds play, it's harum scarum, but the chances come for both sides and the results are pretty random. You can beat anyone or lose to anyone because you turn the game into a madhouse - it plays into the hands of the Keegan-with-a-bucket accusers and it'll be interesting to see how Bielsa tries to develop you if the aim becomes more than to win enough games to stay up.

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This bit is interesting.

He sees the game as 13 shots and two goals for Leeds and 14 shots with six goals for Utd. 

The BBC has it at 17 efforts on goal for Leeds and 26 for Man Utd. it's the fourth time in the league this season that a team has had more than twenty efforts on goal in a game with you - for comparison, we've only had the one (against you).

I like watching Leeds play, it's harum scarum, but the chances come for both sides and the results are pretty random. You can beat anyone or lose to anyone because you turn the game into a madhouse - it plays into the hands of the Keegan-with-a-bucket accusers and it'll be interesting to see how Bielsa tries to develop you if the aim becomes more than to win enough games to stay up.

Valid point. I believe that this way of playing with this team is effective enough that sometimes we will run over teams and sometimes we'll get ran over. Its also the best way to utilise these players, if we had a more orthodox manager now I think we'd see a downturn in results overall as he gets better performances from the players than your average manager.

The interesting thing will be where we improve in the future and how far this can take us i.e can the element of randomness be eliminated with the right players.  He'd fail at a Barcelona but give him 10 Kimmich's and he'd break every record going.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

I believe that this way of playing with this team is effective enough that sometimes we will run over teams and sometimes we'll get ran over.

Yeah, definitely. The job this season is win enough games to stay up. And the Leeds approach of trying to win every game is like Villa started with last year. Maybe if you stay relatively injury free that’ll do the job. I think it will.

But if you lose key players as discussed a bit above, then you’ll struggle to get enough wins. I like the brave approach. Deano had it, but tweaked it in lockdown because of our injuries and stuff. I dunno from Bielsa if he would compromise that way. I guess that might be the key. Relatively unscathed by injuries and mid table. Get a few and it’s gonna be nerve wracking for you. Enjoy!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah, definitely. The job this season is win enough games to stay up. And the Leeds approach of trying to win every game is like Villa started with last year. Maybe if you stay relatively injury free that’ll do the job. I think it will.

But if you lose key players as discussed a bit above, then you’ll struggle to get enough wins. I like the brave approach. Deano had it, but tweaked it in lockdown because of our injuries and stuff. I dunno from Bielsa if he would compromise that way. I guess that might be the key. Relatively unscathed by injuries and mid table. Get a few and it’s gonna be nerve wracking for you. Enjoy!

The interesting thing is though that Leeds and Villa in different ways benefited from the lockdown more than any other teams. For Villa it allowed Smith some breathing space and time to recognise he needed to be a little more pragmatic and to work on the training ground. While for Leeds I think it allowed them to recharge their batteries to go again and avoid blowing up as they did the season before.

Now I don’t think Bielsa will ever be more pragmatic but I think there is a very real possibility of them blowing up around March.

I said in the summer Leeds would win a few and get a few spankings their survival though would depend on injuries avoid them to key players and they’ll stay up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Worst defence in the league, still in 11th. Credit where it's due, what do the attacking stats look like? 

Edit: Whoops, 12th now. 

To be fair to them they have 3 centre halves out injured today and kept a clean sheet against a very direct physical side.

Whilst we all get bored of the Biesla hype he is continuing to do a very good job for them.  There’s no way they will go down. 

Edit: attacking wise they have some of the best numbers in the league. Second for shots. We are 4th

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 24/12/2020 at 13:02, Rino8 said:

Meslier yes. Others we'd be okay. Dallas, Phillips and Bamford would be rough. We were lucky to have such a good game against you without Phillips but the next two we really struggled and lost them both 4-1. We were missing Rodrigo for those games too.

The same positions we lost would see you lose Meslier, Philips and Bamford. I think you’d be in huge trouble without those three from now to the end of the season.

Their fans really do annoy me. Suggesting we should’ve put the ball out like they did vs us. 

different situation, mistakenly waded into twitter and had to show them the Ayling dive. Seems to have quietened them down a bit. 

Â