Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am more concerned for the health of Bielsa biggest fan on this forum, he hasnt been online since Sunday :P 

He liked my post in this thread after the match on Sunday, and then nothing...

Edited by fightoffyour

4 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I think most of my arrogance as a Villa fan comes from Villa winning the European Cup which I shoe horn into conversations with Blues fans as often as is possible. 😆

It's always done tongue in cheek but I'm probably not a good example because I love when people overly talk up their own clubs, that's the whole point of being a fan as far as I'm concerned.

If I was a Leeds fan I would never stop banging on about the EC that Bayern cheated you out of. I love that Leeds fans are very confident, it makes for more fun discussions. Especially after they've been so shit for so long.

My only real problem with Leeds is the media's narrative they've almost let get out of hand that Bielsa is an untouchable genius beyond what any lowly regular coach could even comprehend. It was a bit tedious at first but now it's verging on Poe's law territory. Multiple unrelated sources have given him credit for our win against Liverpool despite the fact that, as I've already mentioned, Leeds used a completely different gameplan and got outclassed and were lucky to only lose by one goal.

Much agree. So boring when you speak to a rational Bournemouth or Norwich fan. Nout to get your teeth into.

I do think a winky face should be compulsory accompaniment to all Leeds articles

As others have said, it's the media love-in surrounding Leeds that rubs other fans up the wrong way. It's not unusual for a team to come up and have a few decent results/performances to start the season, but we've all been following football long enough to know that winning the championship and having a half decent start means nothing. Let's see where things are around Xmas/New Year when the fixtures become even more congested and the depth of your squad is tested. Suggestions that Leeds were going to come up and piss their way into the top 6 were frankly laughable and extremely naiive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

in their defence, this arrogance is being fueled by the media

"Leeds making the premier league their playground" headline from their win over fulham being just one example

Yep, and then when we beat Fulham comfortably the headline from the same source was about how embarrassing it was for Fulham.

Not so embarrassing anymore is it?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Just wait until they play Burnley and they get a few injuries.

though hopefully Bamford doesnt get to meet a Ben Mee tackle, might rethink how tough El Ghazi really is

42 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

They don’t have computers in Yorkshire though.

This is true. I’m reading these posts on a print out that I got done on an old dot matrix printer from the local library. Hang on a minute, the librarians just told me they’ve got that new book ‘Kes’ in, be back later... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rino8 said:

This is the exact thing people laugh at Leeds for though -  bringing up challenging the top 4, and your success was much less and as short lives as Leeds' was.

A lot of Villa fans talk like they're the gatekeepers of the elite. You regularly see fans talk about other clubs achievements as 'small club with one lucky spell/manager.'  And its odd because Villa are very much the same. If you don't win the league and CL in the 80's do you know how ridiculous this would all look? And if you discount Victorian era achievements youre exactly the same as those clubs youre looking down on

This may have already been covered, but just so I understand, you're saying that if we discount all our pre-war achievements, and also discount our post-war achievements, we've not won much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Wasn't what I was getting at regarding Newcastle I was saying that simply staying in the prem is something people use to belittle Newcastle but its something that was used in the post I quoted as a defence which is odd for me.

That list is good, but is it that different to Leeds and Forest? That's been my entire point. Some Villa fans like to say they're eons bigger than those clubs and you use 18th century achievements to back it up 

Ah yes, I fondly remembers Leeds winning the European Cup. What a night that was.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Facebook:

Aston Villa 3.3m & Leeds United: 0.8m

Twitter:

Aston Villa 1.4m & Leeds United 0.6m

Instagram:

Aston Villa 0.9m & Leeds United 0.5m

tenor.gif?itemid=9637810

tbf, it might be a little different once all the Tanzanians have left us. There's probably some delay on that.

• Haha 2

Real football fans don't really have second teams in the same division do they? 

Leeds in the PL is a bit like when I spot a cross country skiier from Cameroon in the winter olympics. Obviously there with a handicap, but won't stand on the effort. 

They are hugely irrelevant to me, but it's this false idea Bielsa is some kind of world class coach that just pisses me off. It's like people think if it's repeated enough it will be true. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

Â