Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

25 minutes ago, tinker said:

I do enjoy other fans perspectives on our players / team, especially if there balanced.  

Wonder what the visitors thought of us on Sunday, opinions changed on Jack and Ollie ? 

I agree. I wasn't saying he shouldn't. 

To be fair to @Rino8he doesn't seem like the sort of Leeds fan that makes me dislike them. 

And I know all fans have them, we have our fair share of idiots as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

I've always thought Grealish is quality so nothings really changed but seeing him at will tearing through Liverpool was good to see. 

Can't argue with a hat trick from Watkins as far as results go but he was always a bit hit and miss at Brentford. He scored a lot that's true but Brentford had a terrible early and late part of the season, both of which Watkins played his part in. I think hes plenty good enough for the league but not to the level of Jack.

Jack's the best player I have seen at the Villa, I have watched them since the late 80's. Ollie, his attitude is as important as his ability, 1st class. After the L'pool game he was pissed he missed the one on one. 

Like watching Leeds, your ruffling feathers and asking questions of the established tier in the Premier league. Looks like we are both going to have good seasons, reckon we will be very close in the league.... But not 1st and 2nd.  😉

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Let's be honest, this is a lot more fun than Watford isn't it?

It is yes.

They're also lucky it's a weak league this season making things more comfortable for them in their first season back.

They've got Fulham and Albion that are definitely going down. There's only one place to play for! West Ham in disarray, Bruce at Newcastle, Burnley looking as bad as they have in five years.

The pressure is non-existant.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

RB Leipzig have sent a complaint to FIFA over Augustin who has since joined Nantes on a free transfer. They have said he was allowed to leave for free as technically isnt an RB Leipzig player

Good. I think it’s out of order for a club to weasel out of an obligated transfer just because the planned end date of the season changed.

On 07/10/2020 at 18:09, OutByEaster? said:

Let's be honest, this is a lot more fun than Watford isn't it?

Watford were pretty entertaining in their first few years up.

Generally boring promotions to me are likes of Reading and Hull coming up, bland teams who add little to the league and go back down straight away. Ask a few fans of other teams and they all have Smethwick in that category aswell. Fulham going up ahead of Brentford was also disappointing although perhaps we wouldn't have signed Watkins in the end so worked out o.k for us.

Edited by VillaChris

15 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In what way? 

I jus couldn't work up any real feeling toward Watford.  Sure Deeney gave them something that was fun, but beyond that I struggled for a real opinion. They're alright Watford, the people seem okay and the club is quite well run, they're a ham sandwich on white bread with no mustard. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Watford were pretty entertaining in their first few years up.

Generally boring promotions to me are likes of Reading and Hull coming up, bland teams who add little to the league and go back down straight away. Ask a few fans of other teams and they all have Smethwick in that category aswell. Fulham going up ahead of Brentford was also disappointing although perhaps we wouldn't have signed Watkins in the end so worked out o.k for us.

Yep. I think Watford have generally been a quite entertaining club to have there. I can't really think of boring clubs tbh. In fact of all the clubs in the league or those that come and go, I probably find Arsenal and spurs the most boring in the sense they never achieve anything and always hang around. A bit like we did post 96 to 2016. But at least Arsenal have played some nice football now and then. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I jus couldn't work up any real feeling toward Watford.  Sure Deeney gave them something that was fun, but beyond that I struggled for a real opinion. They're alright Watford, the people seem okay and the club is quite well run, they're a ham sandwich on white bread with no mustard. 

Sir Graham Taylor is enough reason to put Watford in the good guys category. Always like their kit aswell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Anybody watching them against dingles?

I have , first half Leeds were  relentless but Wolves weathered the storm and second half Leeds faded. They lack quality up front for me , Bamford is not clinical enough and goals don't seem to becoming from elsewhere, they have to win their next game...........

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

I have , first half Leeds were  relentless but Wolves weathered the storm and second half Leeds faded. They lack quality up front for me , Bamford is not clinical enough and goals don't seem to becoming from elsewhere, they have to win their next game...........

I thought they lacked a clinical edge in the game against Sheffield Utd they seem to struggle a bit more around shut up shop teams , it will be interesting come Friday 

Just now, DCJonah said:

They allow more shots against them than anyone else and their ridiculous shots to goals ratio was never going to last. 

They'll be down there. **** biesla and the overrated rocket polishers

Nah, they won't at all.  They weren't necessarily unlucky tonight, but I thought they were the better side.  They've played some tough teams and looked decent - will be mid table.

Â