Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

there is all this ridiculous talk of Leeds gate-crashing the Top 4 and other ridiculous things, just because you lost to Liverpool and got a draw at Man City. 

The week after they'd been absolutely pumped by Leicester. I wonder if Leeds were inspired by Brendan Rodgers 😆

• Haha 1

New fella doesn't seem to want to play for them :lol:

Regarding @raphinhab11_ , he left his partners in tears yesterday after the #SRFCSDR .The player absolutely did not want to leave Stade Rennais.

Bloody useful player though, really really good at times. I'd have been happier with him than Traore.

Rennes have obviously replaced him with a brilliant young player who they'll be selling for double in two years time.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Being an enigma alone should make someone praised to the levels he is, when his managerial success is probably less than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s.

We’re a few games into the season and Leeds and Bielsa have achieved nothing more than promotion, but there is all this ridiculous talk of Leeds gate-crashing the Top 4 and other ridiculous things, just because you lost to Liverpool and got a draw at Man City. 

Lets not go that far with Ole 😂

His league win in Argentina is similar to winning the league with Everton. The whole thing is much more complex than a trophy cabinet anyway.

I mean fair enough on the rest but I havent read a single one of those articles or known of their existence. That's more of an embarrassment for the writer than anything else. If people are going to pull tweets from 15 year old fans im sure i could go find as many from Villa after yesterday's win.

On a completed unrelated note, this season could be shaping up to be a much needed change for the league long may it continue 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

New fella doesn't seem to want to play for them :lol:

Regarding @raphinhab11_ , he left his partners in tears yesterday after the #SRFCSDR .The player absolutely did not want to leave Stade Rennais.

Bloody useful player though, really really good at times. I'd have been happier with him than Traore.

Rennes have obviously replaced him with a brilliant young player who they'll be selling for double in two years time.

I mean its fair enough. He had only joined last year and the club had a good season last. Pretty sure he's going to be sitting on our bench too

5 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I mean its fair enough. He had only joined last year and the club had a good season last. Pretty sure he's going to be sitting on our bench too

Who's in charge of signings for you lot?

Seemed to be in for exclusively great players this summer.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Who's in charge of signings for you lot?

Seemed to be in for exclusively great players this summer.

Victor Orta, previously of mighty Middlesborough fame.

He had some really poor signings in his first year when we were looking for bargains but since then has done well.

Our primary targets this year where De Paul, Watkins and White and to be fair we got none of them 😂

Although we signed Rodrigo through more luck than anything else, he wasn't a target but found out he was available through his contacs in Spain.

Happy they didn't get Rodrigo De Paul in, that would've been a pee take for a promoted team.

What's the plan with number 10 position if Hernandez keeps picking up injuries, just play Bamford or Helder Costa there as looks like this Rennes guy is another wide player.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Happy they didn't get Rodrigo De Paul in, that would've been a pee take for a promoted team.

What's the plan with number 10 position if Hernandez keeps picking up injuries, just play Bamford or Helder Costa there as looks like this Rennes guy is another wide player.

Rodrigo I think/hope. Tyler Roberts looks completely out of his depth in this league and that's 2 games in a row Rodrigo has come off the bench and changed the result.

16 minutes ago, BigRed said:

a) we’re a newly promoted side that showed no fear, when for 2 years that’s all the teams in the league done when they’ve played them so it made everyone sit up & take notice

Strongly disagree, Watford absolutely took them to the cleaners last season (before being relegated I might add) when they were still trying to go undefeated and hadn't even clinched the title yet. We got closer to beating them last season than you did this season as well.

That game was far more similar to our game plan against them than when Leeds lost to them a few weeks ago. You fluked 3 goals from 0.27 xG, we scored 7 from 3.08 xG.

Edit - I don't want to sound overly harsh, I think Bielsa is very impressive and has done a great job. But I don't think he's actually as famous as has been made out in this thread, he's not Ancelotti. Before last season most armchair PL fans wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a line up of 2. The media have just got into a frenzy over not wanting to be the one who didn't know who Bielsa was pretty much just because Pep loves him so much IMO.

Also, Leeds were excellent against Man City and deserved to win but Liverpool shut you out except for 3 unlikely goals.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
Sounded a bit harsh

If anything the Leeds performance against Liverpool showed us how not to play against them, on another day Leeds could have easily have lost that game by another three or four goals.

And that shows in the fact that in our 7-2 win over Liverpool we had a completely different gameplan to the one that Leeds had in their 4-3 defeat, Leeds tried to play them at their own game, whereas we were more cautious and tried to hit them on the break.

Leeds got a lot of praise for their performance, and I think some of it was deserved, but it was more in a newly promoted plucky underdogs having a go against the champions kind of way more than anything else.

Not that it matters what the media are saying, I couldn't care less as long as we're getting good results.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Summer 2018/2019: Fulham sign 12 first team players

Summer 2019/2020: Villa sign 12 first team players

Summer 2020/2021: Leeds sign 11 first team players*

Will Leeds "do a Fulham" or will they "do a Villa"? ;) 

*so far. Still 2 more weeks for EFL transfers of course. 

Edited by cyrusr
Added *

39 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Summer 2018/2019: Fulham sign 12 first team players

Summer 2019/2020: Villa sign 12 first team players

Summer 2020/2021: Leeds sign 11 first team players*

Will Leeds "do a Fulham" or will they "do a Villa"? ;) 

*so far. Still 2 more weeks for EFL transfers of course. 

Not quite

Meslier- loan converter to perm

costa- loan converted to perm 

Harrison- loaned again 

Rodrigo 

llorente 

koch 

raphina 

so really only 4 first team players brought in that weren’t here last year 

Summerville 

greenwood 

geldharht

drameh

allen 

all in the u23’s 

1 hour ago, BigRed said:

I think what villa fans are missing is that on the night Liverpool were terrible at the back so the focus instantly went to how poor they were defending. Yes you battered them & very well played but it was also a night when everything went for you. 3 deflected goals, 3 key players missing, a keeper mistake. 

the praise Leeds got was because of

a) Sky have their nose so far up Bielsa’s arse they can tell you what he had for breakfast

b) People are feeling nostalgic right now and pining for simpler times, which is what Leeds United represent

FTFY

Interesting username too for a Leeds fan.......

8 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Not quite

Meslier- loan converter to perm

costa- loan converted to perm 

Harrison- loaned again 

Rodrigo 

llorente 

koch 

raphina 

so really only 4 first team players brought in that weren’t here last year 

Summerville 

greenwood 

geldharht

drameh

allen 

all in the u23’s 

Fair enough of the youngsters, but of Villa's 12 signings 3 were conversions of loans as well, but they still counted as new "signings" by the media when we were compared to Fulham (who incidentally I think only had Mitrovic who played with them the year before). Why did ours count but Leeds do not? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I cracked a smile when listening to Football Weekly this week when Barry Glendenning managed to give credit to Bielsa for Villa beating Liverpool 7-2

The love in is real. I really **** hope they go down.

Please make it so. That way the majority of their fanbase can return to supporting Leeds Rhinos, and not really 'taking an interest in football'.

speaking personally, i never had an issue with leeds. and whilst i know we shouldn't care what the media says about us/leeds, i think a lot of the issue we have is that

a) we have one of our own as manager who we don't feel gets the credit he deserves whereas you have bielsa who has done a good, but not amazing, job and is getting hailed as a genius.

b) jack has only just managed an england call up (and required 2 players to withdraw to even get that, despite being the most creative english player last season) yet Phillips went straight in as soon as leeds got promoted

it comes across that there is a country wide leeds love-fest

soz, but i just dont see where the praise is coming from. they conceded 3 to fulham ffs. i'd make a bet with anyone right here right now that fulham won't put 3 past any other team this season in the league. getting a point vs city is decent, but city mustered 2 shots on goal. liverpool, as bad as they were defensively, had 8...they still caused us problems before the floodgates opened.

i think we'd feel the same if the media were licking the backside of any of the other promoted teams, i dont personally believe there's much of a rivalry between the two of us, we've just had years of not getting credit where it's been due (remember all the talk following our 2-0 win at the emirates years ago being how bad arsenal were, when actually they were decent) and we've got the hump that this lot have just come up and everyone's singing their praises when they've been just ok in our eyes.

• Like 1

Â