Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

12 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Remember when the media were creaming themselves when Leeds lost 4-3 to Liverpool ? yeh about that...

Say what you will about Leeds, but the length of their grass is beyond reproach.

• Haha 4

Although slightly irritating, I am viewing it as a positive now for us (& Smith) that Bielsa and Leeds are getting all the plaudits - F*** em.

Let's just keep going about our business as we are, with no pressure or expectation and keep proving the clueless media wrong.

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It is so true. Smith gets no credit let biesla is the messiah

Let them underestimate us less pressure to that way we can go about our business and continue to “surprise “ them

27 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Although slightly irritating, I am viewing it as a positive now for us (& Smith) that Bielsa and Leeds are getting all the plaudits - F*** em.

Let's just keep going about our business as we are, with no pressure or expectation and keep proving the clueless media wrong.

Because nobody can prove otherwise, I'm just assuming it's because they know we're superior and they quietly expect this sort of thing from us. If anything, we should've scored double figures, so they think we were wasteful.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

All the fuss about them. Smith has out performed biesla since the moment he arrived, yet all the hype surrounds him. 

If only Smith had a fancier name, an unpredictable temperament and a spotty track record then the media might give him credit

On 03/10/2020 at 23:39, HanoiVillan said:

Our two games in hand on them are Liverpool and City. I will think we've done very well if we get 1 point out of those 2 fixtures.

People now laughing at this post, and not without good reason! Never been so happy to have my expectations exceeded!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If only Smith had a fancier name, an unpredictable temperament and a spotty track record then the media might give him credit

I dont know why everybody on this forum cares so much about what Sky are saying?

Theyre writing whatever gets clicks, its not that deep.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I dont know why everybody on this forum cares so much about what Sky are saying?

You don't know why fans of a football club want the manager of their club to receive what they perceive to be due credit in the media coverage?

Bielsa is obviously a widely respected manager but the praise he receives has become almost a running joke.

Someone in the punditry thread said this morning TalkSport were questioning whether Villa's win was inspired by Bielsa's Leeds 😆

I can't even type that out without giggling, it's just so funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

You don't know why fans of a football club want the manager of their club to receive what they perceive to be due credit in the media coverage?

Yeah, it doesn't matter. Leeds are a good story this year. Its easy to write and has got a lot of interest around the world due to the manager. Theyre going to milk that for all its worth.

Villa have done sensible good business with a quietly good manager. It doesn't make for as exciting a read.

As soon as we lose a few around Christmas the entire world will be saying 'typical Leeds, typical Bielsa, been found out' etc etc. You lose a couple and nothing will happen, it works both ways.

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Yeah, it doesn't matter.

It's people wearing knee high socks running around kicking a ball in a net, none of it 'matters'.

Fans of things want those things to be acknowledged, that is a well observed phenomenon in every field.

7 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Leeds are a good story this year. Its easy to write and has got a lot of interest around the world due to the manager. Theyre going to milk that for all its worth.

Villa have done sensible good business with a quietly good manager. It doesn't make for as exciting a read.

That's the thing, I don't think Leeds is actually that exciting of a story. If they were managed by a local guy called Dave Johnson nobody would bat an eye.

Villa staying up on the last day after signing a whole new team was more of a click generator than Leeds cantering to a good but not exceptional Championship points total, IMO of course.

12 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

As soon as we lose a few around Christmas the entire world will be saying 'typical Leeds, typical Bielsa, been found out' etc etc. You lose a couple and nothing will happen, it works both ways.

This is the funniest bit, Leeds did lose to Liverpool and somehow Bielsa got more praise for his amazing game plan than Villa and Smith did for completely dismantling their defensive system and taking them for 7.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

It's people wearing knee high socks running around kicking a ball in a net, none of it 'matters'.

Fans of things want those things to be acknowledged, that is a well observed phenomenon in every field.

That's the thing, I don't think Leeds is actually that exciting of a story. If they were managed by a local guy called Dave Johnson nobody would bat an eye.

Villa staying up on the last day after signing a whole new team was more of a click generator than Leeds cantering to a good but not exceptional Championship points total, IMO of course.

This is the funniest bit, Leeds did lose to Liverpool and somehow Bielsa got more praise for his amazing game plan than Villa and Smith did for completely dismantling their defensive system and taking them for 7.

But they're not managed by a flat cap wearing pie and chips Yorkshireman. Its Bielsa. Even if you don't think its interesting the majority do. A manager lauded by all his peers never managed in England choosing to go to a Championship side is a good story. There's no arguing that. And its not about just getting promoted its who got promoted, you'd see the exact same thing if Bielsa had taken over at Forest instead.

Youre not getting enough credit for the Liverpool win, but again that's because 'Liverpool collapse' gets more clicks. I've heard more about Grealish than I have your entire club this season. Its what makes money

I'm happy with the lack of attention Smith, Terry  and Shakespeare are getting. We don't need the extra pressure all this media hype gives  and we can go about our business with the minimum of fuss. 

Obviously dismantling the champions is going to attract some attention but we won't be favourites against Leicester and unless we dismantle them, we won't their not as arrogant as Liverpool were , will probably not be favourites against Leeds.

Isn't football great 🙂  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

This is a bit 'if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle' isn't it.

7 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Theyre writing whatever gets clicks, its not that deep.

It’s not just Sky, it’s most of football media. Sky, talksport, BBC, newspapers, football blogs and lesser news outlets etc. 

Other than the petty rivalry that’s come about recently between our clubs, I never had an issue with Leeds, and I do like Bielsa as a manager and think he is somewhat of an ‘enigma’. But so is Felix Magath. Being an enigma alone should make someone praised to the levels he is, when his managerial success is probably less than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s.

We’re a few games into the season and Leeds and Bielsa have achieved nothing more than promotion, but there is all this ridiculous talk of Leeds gate-crashing the Top 4 and other ridiculous things, just because you lost to Liverpool and got a draw at Man City. 

Â