Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Cant agree with the first line myself, as a child of the 70s and 80s all of those clubs have a certain pull about them

I guess from when we were kids is where a lot of us remember clubs from. I mean Forest were nowhere until Cloughie.  But the reason to reply is that I think it's better when the clubs in the league are spread around the country - North East + Yorkshire, North West, West Midlands, East Midlands, London, The South. Even the South West if Bristol City or Rovers ever sort themselves out. But Sunderland, Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, the Manchester and Liverpool Clubs, Villa, Wolves, Derby, Forest, Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and a handful of others from the likes of Stoke and West Ham and Albion and Bristol...ought to spread it around and make it a game where everyone in each area has a relatively local club to watch and support.

• Like 2

If you look at their signings, Meslier, Rodrigo, Llorente, and Koch are really the only new ones that will be regulars, the rest have either been brought for the U23s or were already with them last season. If anything you could argue that they still need to strenghten their first team furthermore.

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The only risk with leeds is they ard signing so many new players it could go tits up like it almost did with us

As below only 3 are first team players potentially. CB, CM, CF.

We were lucky that we only have to add to the squad as opposed to any big changes.

To be fair, starting the season well usually means you're going to do brilliantly. I for one will never forget Rudy Gestede powering in a fantastic header to beat Bournemouth on the opening day of the 2015/2016 season. Can't remember what else happened that season, I assume it all went swimmingly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair, starting the season well usually means you're going to do brilliantly. I for one will never forget Rudy Gestede powering in a fantastic header to beat Bournemouth on the opening day of the 2015/2016 season. Can't remember what else happened that season, I assume it all went swimmingly.

It did. It went so well, we spent the next three seasons in the Champion's League, or something.

Just now, LondonLax said:

They are entertaining to watch. Should be fine to stay up if the dreaded burn out doesn’t get them. 

Already out of one cup. I hope they are just riding the promotion wave and get absolutely crunched after xmas.

Sheffield look in trouble.

Just now, LondonLax said:

They are entertaining to watch. Should be fine to stay up if the dreaded burn out doesn’t get them. 

Can't see how it will to be honest. Its mostly one game a week compared to the championship.

Might not be doing a Norwich after all lads 

3 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Can't see how it will to be honest. Its mostly one game a week compared to the championship.

Might not be doing a Norwich after all lads 

It’s a more congested season then normal this time.... absolutely could be a burn out, least that’s what I am hoping, they are far far too smug for a club that has been out the top flight for 16 years. 

Â