Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

It's a good team, coached well with good players. I like the high tempo football they play, if anything it's more entertaining to watch them than Stoke or Huddersfield. 

I expect them to be 12th-15th.

• Like 1

They're the team I want to get relegated the most and that is entirely down to their fanbase.  Bielsa is a top coach and they're enjoyable to watch - but my **** God the apparent majority of their fans are a bunch of pricks.

Unfortunately, they'll be mid table unless Bielsa goes.

• Like 3

Leeds are a weird case tbh. They are a bit like Newcastle in the sense their own fans think they are bigger then they are and opposition fans have a fetish talking about them, for some reason I can't understand - though it might be media related.

And it's weird cause I notice the same thing here in Norway. 3 days ago one of the biggest newspapers had a headline 'this is why everyone will love the new Leeds'. No doubt written by a 50 year old Leeds fan journo, but still. 

And all this for a club that never wins anything and tend to be in the lower leagues. It's all very Newcastle'esque. 

It's a weird thing. 

34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Leeds are a weird case tbh. They are a bit like Newcastle in the sense their own fans think they are bigger then they are and opposition fans have a fetish talking about them, for some reason I can't understand - though it might be media related.

And it's weird cause I notice the same thing here in Norway. 3 days ago one of the biggest newspapers had a headline 'this is why everyone will love the new Leeds'. No doubt written by a 50 year old Leeds fan journo, but still. 

And all this for a club that never wins anything and tend to be in the lower leagues. It's all very Newcastle'esque. 

It's a weird thing. 

Were always interesting though. Whether you hate us or not people will always talk, laugh at how shit we are, be jealous when we get things together, it makes us more relevant than most prem clubs.

There is no 120 page thread on Burnley. 

Leeds dont have much in common with Newcastle though, we've had much higher highs and lower lows. Leeds as a city is also much much bigger than Newcastle.

18 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

There is no 120 page thread on Burnley. 

Leeds dont have much in common with Newcastle though, we've had much higher highs and lower lows. Leeds as a city is also much much bigger than Newcastle.

The Newcastle thread is much bigger than the Leeds one so guess that makes them more interesting. 

The Utd thread is over 400 pages and was started after this one so I guess they're 4 times as interesting. 

Judging clubs by the size of their city is an interesting take as many cities are bigger than Leeds. Birmingham is twice the size and even Bristol is bigger. Really not sure why it matters. 

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The Newcastle thread is much bigger than the Leeds one so guess that makes them more interesting. 

The Utd thread is over 400 pages and was started after this one so I guess they're 4 times as interesting. 

Judging clubs by the size of their city is an interesting take as many cities are bigger than Leeds. Birmingham is twice the size and even Bristol is bigger. Really not sure why it matters. 

At no point am I indicating that size of thread on VT is indicative of anything?

For the 100th time in this thread somebody comes in to post 'hate Dirty Leeds' or something along those lines, whether you like it or not illiciting a response is better than the nothingness most fans have to most teams. That doesnt exist with Leeds.

City size is interesting, Leeds is the 4th biggest City in England and as a single club city gives us access to a local fanbase bigger than most. No other single club city comes close

Think that's a further reason people will always have opinions. I have no opinion towards Southampton or their fans, but Newcastle, Villa, the top clubs? You have much more exposure to.

Edited by Rino8

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

And Sunderland :lol:

I actually really like watching them. I like the style a lot. It will be an amusing day when Bielsa blows up and leaves though. Could come with an unjust VAR pen against then, who knows.

Meslier, Koch, Llorente and Cuisance for £55m is outstanding work.

Rodrigo for £30m less so, but he'll still be a key man for them for at least two seasons so any form from Bamford and the likes is a bonus.

With our signings now I'm actually looking forward to our matches. Haven't usually looked forward to watching them lamp Grealish all over the pitch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rino8 said:

At no point am I indicating that size of thread on VT is indicative of anything?

For the 100th time in this thread somebody comes in to post 'hate Dirty Leeds' or something along those lines, whether you like it or not illiciting a response is better than the nothingness most fans have to most teams. That doesnt exist with Leeds.

City size is interesting, Leeds is the 4th biggest City in England and as a single club city gives us access to a local fanbase bigger than most. No other single club city comes close

Think that's a further reason people will always have opinions. I have no opinion towards Southampton or their fans, but Newcastle, Villa, the top clubs? You have much more exposure to.

Why did you mention Burnley don't have a 120 page thread if it's not indicative of anything? Seems a bit odd to mention it then. 

I don't like Leeds, but that's because I have lived in the area for decades and have had years of abuse from fans . It's the same reason I don't like Bradford, Burnley (although that's got more to do with Mee's tackle technique) or any of the clubs you come across around here. 

Leeds maybe single city club but you've got Bradford 5 miles away and you've also got the Rhino's who are more successful than Utd have ever been. Between 04 and 09 (including when I lived in Holbeck literally down the road from Elland Road) I rarely met any Leeds fans but couldn't move for Rhino's fans. 

Do I want you to go down, not sure I really care either way as long as Villa are above you. Do I find the fans attitude at the minute annoying, yes, but I'm sure Villa fans annoyed people just as much last summer. What does get at me though is the crazy media portrayal and bias that has happened suddenly and that Bielsa is feted as a legend and genius when I feel he's done less than Smith in the last two years and Dean doesn't get a mention. 

But I'm biased to Villa as you will be to Leeds. In the end if you're happy and enjoying your clubs football then that's all that matters. Have a good one. 

On 30/09/2020 at 15:05, Mjvilla said:

Cuisance or barkley? I've absolutely no doubt who I would prefer. 

for this season its barkley no doubt, for long term and realistically which one could potentially be a £50m midfielder in 3 years time its cuisance

he's an exciting signing that's for sure, whether or not he's a good signing only time will tell

the surprising thing for me is that Bayern have let him go keeping Martinez and Tolisso both of whom they've tried to sell and seemingly failed

I think the fact Bayern were happy to sell Cuisance while having a small squad and not including a buy back clause is a sign he wasnt really wanted in Munich. I know the gap is huge between Bayern and Leeds but the top teams add buy back clauses for 21 year olds

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

Failed a medical apparently. Strange one 

Wouldn't be surprised if it was partly related to the training he was going to be expected to do.

He's a great player but I was really surprised you were going for him. He's not a runner in midfield at all. With Bielsa, before anything else, you run. I thought the plan might be a long term Hernandez replacement.

Strange one. Only a young guy who passed a medical at Munich a year ago.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was partly related to the training he was going to be expected to do.

He's a great player but I was really surprised you were going for him. He's not a runner in midfield at all. With Bielsa, before anything else, you run. I thought the plan might be a long term Hernandez replacement.

Strange one. Only a young guy who passed a medical at Munich a year ago.

Don't know where we go from here, we certainly still need a midfielder although Rodrigo did decent in that position last week. De Paul was the obvious and ideal fit but Udinese were asking way too much. That might change now and there's only a few days left 

Â