Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The sooner people realize Wesley is pure garbage the faster we can progress and get something better.

Why would you bring up Wesley in a Leeds thread? He has never played against Leeds or even played in the same division

Maybe I should go to the La Liga thread and tell them Troy Deeney is shit

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think they're enough shite in the league that there's little chance of them going down. They'll come crashing back to earth over the next few weeks though. They're still being hyped beyond belief on the back of a spirited loss against Liverpool. A couple of wins against 2 sides quite likely to go down this season is good, but not enough to suggest they're finishing anywhere outside of the bottom 7 or 8. 

Their next 3 games are Man City, Wolves, then us. I'm hoping we're above them by the end of that run of games.

19 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

They only beat Sheffield 1-0.Maybe they are starting to level out now before their downward spiral.Mind you IMHO the PL is a stronger division with them in it.

Bielsa will be the difference for them mate.

We got told last season that we can't expect anything because of bad players.

Bielsa with a very mediocre Leeds squad is already doing bits. Yeah not the hardest opening set of fixtures you could say that, but you still have to get the business done. We lost twice to Bournemouth last season.

30 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

They only beat Sheffield 1-0.Maybe they are starting to level out now before their downward spiral.Mind you IMHO the PL is a stronger division with them in it.

Were we expected to smash them 6-0 or something? I dont understand.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bielsa with a very mediocre Leeds squad is already doing bits. Yeah not the hardest opening set of fixtures you could say that, but you still have to get the business done. We lost twice to Bournemouth last season.

Leeds lost against Wigan last season.

mickey's 90th spectacular shrug GIF by ABC Network

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Were we expected to smash them 6-0 or something? I dont understand.

I didn't get that comment either. Every win in the Premier League is a good win to some extent.

I don't understand why people are rushing to make hostage-to-fortune comments in this thread about where Leeds are or aren't going to finish. I mean, I feel happy predicting you won't finish in the European places, but really you could finish anywhere from about 8th on downwards, and I don't see the point in predicting it after 3 games. So far so good though, you've won your two 'winnable' games.

More's the pity.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Bielsa Bielsa Bielsa 

image.jpeg.f499e6ea09564c5d75946454a531437e.jpeg

Edit: No comment that Villa destroyed Fulham that Leeds struggled against

• Like 1

Leeds are miles better than the other two that came up, think that's pretty clear even after 3 games in much the same way after 10 games last year you could see Sheffield United were going to finish much higher than ourselves and Norwich and that's how it panned out.

Leeds will finish 15 + points clear of Fulham and WBA I'd say.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Leeds are miles better than the other two that came up, think that's pretty clear even after 3 games in much the same way after 10 games last year you could see Sheffield United were going to finish much higher than ourselves and Norwich and that's how it panned out.

That could be 28 points in fairness

• Like 3

Still early days and a lot can change but at the moment I think they'll be tracking around the same areas as us. Think we'll both be in the muck* between 10th and 16th. 

*Sweet, glorious, comfortable muck.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

So do i. I think biesla is the difference. 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So do i. I think biesla is the difference. 

I'd argue it's more to do with how long they spent down there. They've always been knocking around the top of the Championship, and they've been slowly building the team that got them up for ages now. Bielsa obviously has a major role, but they've essentially done what Sheffield did.

All they need to do now is survive, then consolidate their position. Can they do that?

19 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Like I said.I would rather have them in the PL than out and they get decent support as well.

Dunno about that, the atmosphere was a bit flat against Fulham. First home PL game in years, and I barely heard a peep.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I'd argue it's more to do with how long they spent down there. They've always been knocking around the top of the Championship, and they've been slowly building the team that got them up for ages now. Bielsa obviously has a major role, but they've essentially done what Sheffield did.

All they need to do now is survive, then consolidate their position. Can they do that?

They were a nobody even in the Championship until Bielsa arrived.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They were a nobody even in the Championship until Bielsa arrived.

True.

This wasn't a slow burn and us gradually turning things around. We never even made the play offs before Bielsa.

A couple of 7th places where we should have done better but for the most part we weren't close to being good enough.

• Like 2

Â