Media and punditry

BOF

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The way sky talk about him you'd swear him and Neville were world class superstars. 

At least Neville had a CV with medals playing for a prime United but Carragher was an absolute try hard but players like Richard Dunne were superior to him

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think Southgate picks his team based on awards given out at music shows.

Camera pans to Southgate sitting in the audience with a notepad 🤣🤣 

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think Southgate picks his team based on awards given out at music shows.

I think he does. He goes whichever way the media wind blows. If tonry is flavour of the month on sky, southgate will pick him. 

On 03/03/2024 at 13:42, Follyfoot said:

Oh , Mr, I’ve never been booked. Toss pot won’t be watching it again in the future now either. 

Too woke for you? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Too woke for you? 

Far simpler, never joined the Villa when he had the chance = lifetime dislike 

Edited by Follyfoot

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think he does. He goes whichever way the media wind blows. If tonry is flavour of the month on sky, southgate will pick him. 

He's literally playing footballers whose legs went 3 years ago because they were good lads in 2007 or summat

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Media have said we frustrated Ajax as if we are some plucky underdogs

We frustrated me. A very painful watch. 

In fairness I think the frustration was mutual for both sides, but painting it like we stopped them from playing is quite untrue. 

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We frustrated me. A very painful watch. 

In fairness I think the frustration was mutual for both sides, but painting it like we stopped them from playing is quite untrue. 

In the same way that when emi holds on to the ball for a minute going nowhere that's because Ajax have stopped us playing

I think we did frustrate them, not as plucky underdogs but as an away team in a big European game, we challenged them to do something and the answer was they weren't good enough to do so

That's kind of what football is.. 

• Like 1

Who was the idiot commentating on our game last night? Fixated on whether or not the ref thought it was a clear goalscoring opportunity when Konsa was sent off then the penny dropped about 5 minutes later when he realised (someone told him) that it’s irrelevant for a yellow card.

The state of football journalism and punditry is really in the gutter, even experienced folks seem to be getting dragged down by the ongoing dumbing down of everything to make it more appealing to the masses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who was the idiot commentating on our game last night? Fixated on whether or not the ref thought it was a clear goalscoring opportunity when Konsa was sent off then the penny dropped about 5 minutes later when he realised (someone told him) that it’s irrelevant for a yellow card.

The state of football journalism and punditry is really in the gutter, even experienced folks seem to be getting dragged down by the ongoing dumbing down of everything to make it more appealing to the masses.

Villa love Holland because we beat AZ and won the European cup there 

Last night was one for those who complain about female commentators, she was only OK yet still 10x what he was, he sounded like he'd watched villa for 10 minutes on YouTube that afternoon 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That was ridiculous, then he explained it to us like he wasn't the only person who didn't have understanding of such a well known rule.

• Like 1

Just finished watching the replay of MOTD this morning, had to have a good laugh when *again* at the end Gary talks about the top of the table, mentioning every team in the top 8 *except* Aston Villa. This happens every week, it's comical now

20 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Just finished watching the replay of MOTD this morning, had to have a good laugh when *again* at the end Gary talks about the top of the table, mentioning every team in the top 8 *except* Aston Villa. This happens every week, it's comical now

In what context?

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In what context?

Just when they do quick discussion of the top of the table. He'll read out every name, but makes sure he doesn't say the word's 'Aston Villa'. Have a watch back through the last few, you'll notice. He mentions every other team in some context or other, just not villa. Its like if they don't talk about it, it's not happening.  

Im not worrying about it 😂, I just find it amusing every week when it's read out

45 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Just when they do quick discussion of the top of the table. He'll read out every name, but makes sure he doesn't say the word's 'Aston Villa'. Have a watch back through the last few, you'll notice. He mentions every other team in some context or other, just not villa. Its like if they don't talk about it, it's not happening.  

Im not worrying about it 😂, I just find it amusing every week when it's read out

These conspiracy theories are getting worse 😂

We didn’t play, our position didn’t change. Why would we be mentioned? 😳

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But did he mention spurs?! 

It's another weekly question of why do people watch it / get pissed off by it when they know exactly what it is

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

well only 3 of the top 8 played yesterday so its a bit weird if teams like West Ham or Spurs were mentioned when they didnt move positions

Â