Media and punditry

BOF

as an outsider looking Leipzig aren't that bad (being an outsider the membership stuff means nothing)

they've not gone out and spent a billion, they're not using pay rises to buy players from teams 10x their size, they're not even using their financial strength to buy rival teams players

the team they've built, the coach they have and the brand of football they play should be applauded, same with Salzburg, their scouting and coaching system is excellent

they're not Chelsea, PSG, man city by a long shot or even then Bayern, utd, Juventus, the big Spanish 2, I think if you removed the "red bull" from their name they would be very popular

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

So CBS now has the CL rights over here. The team of analysts they have on the broadcast is Jamie Carragher, Roberto Martinez (he has a lot of analyst gigs), and Micah Richards. With Jenas on commentary 

🤣

I'm working so listening on the radio and talksport have provided the Oracle that is stuart Pearce on comms

He said after marquinhos had a chance 

"Well if you dont take +your chances you dont score goals"

Edited by Jimzk5

Yeah BT Sport is really annoying as the last few matches I've watched on there have had either McManaman or Savage on co-comms. Both awful and with annoying voices to boot.

They used to have a lot of good journalists on there doing punditry but now seem to be increasingly going down the Sky route of ex-pros, and they're largely terrible too. Ince, Jenas, Owen, Keown... blergh. Rio can be alright and give decent insight from a player's perspective but he can come across as a bellend at times too. Owen Hargreaves is useless and boring and not as clever as I reckon he thinks he is, but has been on all their Champions League stuff.

There was a show on Talksport this morning featuring Andy Gray.

Interesting listening to his times with Ron Saunders as his gaffer, I only caught ten minutes so listening now on Talksport catch-up (start listening from 4am)

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

It must be weird for a player to be paid millions a year knowing that he’s extremely unlikely to be called into action.

Its like the best paid hobby in the world. 

The dream job of 3rd choice keeper 😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

McManaman was useless on commentary, have heard criticism before but 1st time listening and was dreadful. Horrible accent too

"Fletch" and macca or Ian darke and robbie banter savage. The only solution is the mute button. Everyone of them is intolerable. 

Â