Media and punditry

BOF

57 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Sky have finally ditched Phil Thompson, Charlie Nicholas and Matt Le Tissier as pundits

The line up will be more diverse i'm sure, rather than 3 old blokes who try and outdo each other. 

I'll miss Charlie's razor sharp bantz...

• Like 1

Was listening to the radio earlier and some pundit (didn't get their name) was talking about Messi, saying he's motivated by winning things and isn't interested in money

He's on £700k per week you chump! He's not going to sign for someone on £50k per week is he?! 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Was listening to the radio earlier and some pundit (didn't get their name) was talking about Messi, saying he's motivated by winning things and isn't interested in money

He's on £700k per week you chump! He's not going to sign for someone on £50k per week is he?! 

I'm pretty sure his desire to win things and be the best player probably of all time came first, the money is a by-product of that.  He will still get paid a fortune but he will surely take a pay cut if he left.  

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Sky have finally ditched Phil Thompson, Charlie Nicholas and Matt Le Tissier as pundits

just hope they don’t promote Clinton Morrison to the Saturday afternoon slot 😱

Matt Murray is pretty good though. 

It'll be the cheap rent-a-gob freelancers that probably bring their own microphone.  I assume those three were on exclusive Sky contracts and relatively costly.

• Like 1

Thought Charlie Nicholas was ok, but Thompson spent most of the time trying to keep up with the Liverpool game instead of watching the game he was meant to, and Le Tissier was boring (and now seems to have gone full blown conspiracy theory nut judging by his twitter). It had gone completely stale anyway, an old boys club where their 'mates' would be immune from the level of criticism they would dish out to others.

Unsurprisingly the people who love to talk about 'lefty snowflakes being offended by everything' are themselves apoplectic with rage about a sports tv show replacing a few pundits. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

just hope they don’t promote Clinton Morrison to the Saturday afternoon slot 😱

Matt Murray is pretty good though. 

Be better sacking Stelling with his bullshit pro British manager crap. Is Van Gaal. As good as Pulis 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Be better sacking Stelling with his bullshit pro British manager crap. Is Van Gaal. As good as Pulis 

I think he’s run his course too - he comes across as the ‘be all and end all‘ nowadays which is a shame. 

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

It needed freshening up in my opinion. Also I’d lost a bit of respect for Le Tiss during this lockdown after his crazy conspiracies on Twitter. Never nice seeing people lose their jobs though no matter what you think of them. 

Taking about football in a air conditioned room with too much make up is barely a job.

The after dinner circuit will welcome them with open arms, when social distancing ends.

They will smash it.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They seem OK with it on twitter, not leaving on bad terms 

What is apparent on there though is the amount of Alf Garnett word spouting "they'll get a black guy on there, or even worse a woman, don't let BLM win" 

I made the mistake of looking at the replies under the Mirror article, thinking someone might have some gossip as to why freshening things now. These are all from the first dozen responses:

Out of all the hopeless Alf Garnett word though, this guy takes the biscuit. Guess who he supports.

Yeah, bet Boris Johnson and UEFA will be right on the blower mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I made the mistake of looking at the replies under the Mirror article, thinking someone might have some gossip as to why freshening things now. These are all from the first dozen responses:

Out of all the hopeless Alf Garnett word though, this guy takes the biscuit. Guess who he supports.

Yeah, bet Boris Johnson and UEFA will be right on the blower mate.

Hmmm I think the name Graham has a little to do with it, judging by the political threads in off topic :D

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I remember when that show started out it had rodney marsh, frank McClintock and george best doing it, they even had nigel Spackman on it  back then

Imagine if they now replace them with Gerry Francis, Harry Redknapp and Joe Kinnear (the gammon would be in raptures!) 

I personally expect Matt Murray, Sue Smith and an ex Liverpool player to take over from the sacked 3

Â