Media and punditry

BOF

On 02/09/2020 at 16:04, TrentVilla said:

A new low for Sky Sports News as they report from outside a restaurant that Messi’a dad ate at and proceed to report exactly what he had for his lunch. I mean seriously....

This stuff always reminds me of when Ranieri joined Leicester as manager.

The report on Radio 1 started off by saying he'd joined, and then said "But what could Ranieri do while he lives in Leicester?" and then went to a report form a student who lived in leicester talking about the nice places in Leicester Ranieri could go to. Like restaurants and stuff. Was basically a 5 minute commercial for Leicester.

It was in the sports part of the show!

Anyone else getting fed up with SSN continuing to drag out a non story about a player not moving? It’s done, let it go. We know you have paid for a reporter to be in Barcelona for a week and he has nothing to do now but just get him an EasyJet ticket or something and stop boring the arse off us all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Anyone else getting fed up with SSN continuing to drag out a non story about a player not moving? It’s done, let it go. We know you have paid for a reporter to be in Barcelona for a week and he has nothing to do now but just get him an EasyJet ticket or something and stop boring the arse off us all. 

I gave up with SSN long ago, terrible repetitive tripe. 

• Like 1

Don't like Jordan much, but he's right, Fraser is a bit of a word removed, and I'd be gutted if we'd signed such a rat.

Completely agree that if he wouldn't see out the season...Just keep your mouth shut. Giving interviews talking about how he could have kept them up, what a **** clearing in the woods.

• Like 1

Not a surprise to me that Simon Jordan would feel that way, and he's right as usual. Jordan gets pelters, but I like him for being someone who actually thinks that contracts mean something, and just generally for pointing out when people in the industry behave shittily (which they do all too often).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not a surprise to me that Simon Jordan would feel that way, and he's right as usual. Jordan gets pelters, but I like him for being someone who actually thinks that contracts mean something, and just generally for pointing out when people in the industry behave shittily (which they do all too often).

I like him as he talks sense....but also for the shallow-ish reasons that he hates SHA- for nicking Bruce - and bigs us up (probably to p1ss them off)

• Like 1

Only a matter of time before YouTube has  decent enough channels for fans to pull away from main stream media. Coverage of Villa is so poor a decent YouTube channel would pull in 100k views a week , given the right material . 

• Thanks 1

On 11/09/2020 at 09:18, Jimzk5 said:

Tony Pulis, Glenn johnson, tim Sherwood and Clinton Morrison joing the soccer Saturday panel

**** sake

According to the athletic anyway

Yup I’ve switched off it’s bloody awful and they have sue smith on talking absolute nonsense again 

Â