Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Brilliant all round display from him, he is coming into his prime and the signs are that he is getting better and better under Sherwood. Bit miffed to see him go off, would of prefered to see Zogbia go off for Sanchez and protect the 3-1.  Everton seemed to have more time in the centre of the pitch after that change and were able to pick their passes easier.

• Like 1

That was an extremely assured performance. Positionally as good as I've seen him from a defensive aspect.

Just had a look at stats; three interceptions made, more than any other player from either side. Impressive stuff.

It was an interesting comparison as James McCarthy on the other side I'd say has similar midfield characteristics to Westwood in how he plays. He had a poor game today but has been a good player at PL level for years now.

I think Westwood getting dropped early on has really drove him on and the Liverpool semi performance really could be the making of him, a midfielder who can influence premier league games rather than just a midfielder who starts premier league games.

He was awesome today. Really really good positional awareness which broke down a lot of Evertons attacks. Could understand the substitution though, he was struggling against the physicality of Lukaku. Fantastic performance though.

• Like 1

A mature and dynamic performance. I wrote a post a few weeks back saying that I thought we needed to see more from him and we now undoubtedly are.

Where is he getting this energy from?

P.S. James Nursey can go suck a pig off. Daft word removed

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

He was excellent and will hopefully learn from that poor Lukaku challenge. Let his guard down once and it eventually led to a penalty, there was no need to try and nip the ball with your wrong leg there, just hold him where he is.