Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Excellent today, him and Bannan worked well, certainly had more of an understanding together than Delph and KEA IMO.

Its more about balance in that Delph and KEA are too similar whereas Westwood and Bannan complimented one another better as they are slightly different players. One prefers to sit while the other likes to go forward.

Will be interesting to see who Lambert plays in midfield against Man U?

Genuinely surprised with him today. He was superb considering it was his first start for us. Fair play to the lad and if he can continue in anything like the same vein Lambert may well of brought us a very good player for a snip.

Him, Bannan and Ireland looked like they had played together for years and linked up very well.

He was superb today. Bannan was excellent as well.

It's funny in some ways. CM is our weakest position (maybe LB tips it) when people are not performing. But between KEA (who I rate more than most), Ireland, Westwood, Bannan, Herd and Delph, we have some serious competition too.

One thing I will say for Lambert's tendency to make 24 changes every week is that players will know that poor performances will get them dropped.

looked excellent today, played very intelligent football for such a young player. looked like he always had time and calmly set about keeping the ball and read the game birlliantly. could become a very good player. he's bound to be inconsistent, so lets not all call him shit if he has a bad 45 minutes next time out ay!

Its more about balance in that Delph and KEA are too similar whereas Westwood and Bannan complimented one another better as they are slightly different players. One prefers to sit while the other likes to go forward.

Will be interesting to see who Lambert plays in midfield against Man U?

I think this is correct. Have been screaming about Lambert playing Delph and KEA together for a while.

One thing I will say for Lambert's tendency to make 24 changes every week is that players will know that poor performances will get them dropped.

You say that, but the only person I remember him dropping for performance was Nzog. Maybe Bent is on that list too.

Our midfield has been awful for a month, but it took a suspension to get a change.