Ashley Westwood

Nabby

he makes a jump of nearly 3 divisions and people are angry that he isnt Xavi

Dont care where hes come from, its no excuse, he shouldnt be getting 45 mins if hes not ready

So how is he going to get Premier League Experience if he doesn't play? :?

we are in not a position to carry a young kid to get him premiership experience.

What choice to we have?

And where was Herd and Delph, where they injured?

Dont care where hes come from, its no excuse, he shouldnt be getting 45 mins if hes not ready

we are in not a position to carry a young kid to get him premiership experience.

What choice to we have?

Delph was but not sure about herd...if he wasn't it doesnt strenghten your arguement

What choice to we have?

Delph was but not sure about herd...if he wasn't it doesnt strenghten your arguement

Ok so tell me what other choices do we have???

What choice to we have?

Westwood was only centre midfielder on the bench.

What choice to we have?

Westwood was only centre midfielder on the bench.

My point was if herd wasn't injured and had simply been left out, then its even worse in my eyes that he got 45 given that delph has far more league experience, if he was injured options were slim and far between.

Not buy kids from league one?

Thats something to criticize Lambert over not Westwood. do people expect the kid to turn down the chance to try his hand in the Premier League when given a chance.

Not buy kids from league one?

Thats something to criticize Lambert over not Westwood. do people expect the kid to turn down the chance to try his hand in the Premier League when given a chance.

Of course not but thats a ridiculous defence.

If Paul lambert asked me to play could no one say that i was rubbish or not good enough simply because i agreed to take a chance everyone else would?

Heskey was only ever played because a manager picked him. It doesn't make his performances ok.

I'm not saying his performance was good enough or not just that taking a kid from such a low divison the criticism should not so much be on the player as on the manager for buying and playing him.

The Heskey analogy is completely different as that was a player who had played at the top for all of his career and knows what it takes to succeed at this level, and still turned in mediocre performances.

Players signed from the lower leagues need time to adjust ffs, I'm sick and tired of all the overreaction. yes westwood had a poor game, but i'm sure Bale, Walcott had poor games when they came up for the lower leagues. Its one game, lets judge him after the whole season.

No one is saying he is never going to be good enough. But like all of our players when they play their performance is going to be judged.

Players signed from the lower leagues need time to adjust ffs, I'm sick and tired of all the overreaction. yes westwood had a poor game, but i'm sure Bale, Walcott had poor games when they came up for the lower leagues. Its one game, lets judge him after the whole season.
I absolutely agree. However I will also say that given our position as a club and what has happened in the last two years a lot of people are, understandably, nervous and want to see a turn around immediately and good performances from our players straight away. Like I said I understand that, but simply ain't going to happen. We have the players for a long term job not a short term one

looked to have had a horror show....but much too early to judge.

we are well and truly in transition, so there will be days like that one.

With the amounts of ins & outs we are on a learning curve and must adjust our expectation accordingly.

Ps There is an overall objective of staying up..... but what Villa Fans should be concentrating on is performances and watching the team grow as the performances get better and more consistent.

it's too early to call on Westwood, but I don't think we should be throwing him to the action yet and certainly not to replace Ireland, but that is Lambert's fault.

Delph might be a better option than Bannan at the moment, I like the wee man but he is way to inconsistent.

I don't rate Herd at all, he has no footballing brain at all, he'd be great in defence but at midfield he is so limited

Against Man City we may as well work at giving some of the new boys and fringe players game time, rather than going hell for leather against a Man City B team losing and getting more injuries a result.