Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I thought he played really well against Sunderland, he's clearly very comfortable on the ball and he looked very composed throughout. Bannan was good as well, so it'll be interesting to see if KEA comes straight back in. I've always defended Ireland but he just isn't doing it at the minute, so maybe play KEA and Westwood holding with Bannan in Ireland's position?

well done to the lad... took stick after his first appearance, but saturday he played a ripper...

don't see anyone at the club playing that role better than he did on saturday, so for me, he deserves his place....

You don't get to being captain of a club like Crewe (with their great academy setup) at the start of your 20's unless you've got something decent about you. Im excited to see more of him. A bright prospect for us hopefully - be good to get Gary Gardner back to full fitness as the potential future Villa midfield.

Aston Villa v Manchester United, Saturday 5.30pm

- Ciaran Clark made 30 interceptions in Aston Villa’s 1-0 win at Sunderland last weekend, the most by a player in a single game all season according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.

- Ashley Westwood also displayed a fantastic work rate in covering 7.1 miles in the game, the most by a Villa player in a single game this season.

- Mathew Lowton and Ron Viaar have been stand-out performers lately and will need to be at their best to contain United. They have won 22 and 20 tackles respectively, compared to Stoke’s Robert Huth who has made 16, and Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany, who has made 15.

I really liked what I saw of him against sunderland. Hope he can build on that.

big test against man utd. im not sure about him yet, looked okay against sunderland and looked useless at southampton